[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demaryius Thomas

captain77

*my roster and scoring is below*

is he worthy of a roster spot and losing waiver wire position?

I'm buying the hype, definitely worth a rosther spot. I'd drop D Ward if I were you.

It's a gamble but I think it would be worth it. Reminds me of when Colston blew up the first few weeks of the season and went on to have over 1000 yards and 8 tds.

he may not be consistent....he may not end up as a top 30 wr.....but the upside is pretty big with this guy.........

he was drafted to replace marshall.....and he has the physical tools........the jobs of mcdaniels and brian xanders are gonna hinge on the success of some of their high draft picks like moreno and thomas.....i think they are going to make an effort to get thomas the ball and help him succeed.....hope he can stay healthy.....i think at worst.....he makes a nice 3 or 4......with the possibility he could produce as a nice 2 option....and a .slim chance he stays consistent week to week and enters b marshall stratosphere

I agree with the upside. There's a lot of things to like about him. Denver's offense has been really good overall. Thomas misses all of preseason and week one, comes in week 2 and performs as well as he did. He definately has the physical tools to get the job done and based on his first game performance, he seems to be catching on to the offense pretty fast. I was on the Gaffney bandwagon and picked up Thomas before last weeks game in case he did decent in what was supposed to be limited time. I'm sold on him and have him in my lineup already. It's a risk I'm ready to take.

agreed teewhy....and the book on thomas was that he wasnt an experienced route runner...and that he was more of a big play deep threat guy.....based on the offense he was in at ga tech.....now i didnt see the game....but a stat line of 8-97 on 9 targets suggests he fits right in with the marshall role....and has a grasp of the offense...and can be a possesion type of guy too

i remember the marshall/colts game very well...i drafted marshall in the 6th round last year....and that game was broadcast on cbs here in NE....saw every play of it...if thomas can give us near half of that id be happy

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

I'm not sure about dropping Crabtree just yet. It's strange he hasn't picked up where he left off at last year. That may be a wash, at least i.m.o. As far as the #1 WR quote, as far as I'm concerned, the WR getting the most targets on game day is the #1 WR. If I'm Orton and have the available options he has to throw to, who am I looking for first??? I think this week will speak volumes to Thomas' value, however it's too late if he posts another solid stat line, depending on your waiver set up that is. Bottom line, the guys got nice upside and if you have the space on your roster to acquire him, I'd do it in a New York second. Not sure if that's much faster than a regular second, but you get the drift.

We have a 2 part waiver system my leagues where we do blind bids which are done on Wednesdays and open waivers where you can pick up players on a first come first serve basis from Thursday p.m. until game time on Sunday. I picked him up on open waivers last week in one league and was already on rosters since beginning of season in 2 other leagues. The only league he's available in, I have Reggie Bush's salary of 12pts plus a couple of other dead heads I plan to drop to try to get Thomas. I think I'll be able to muster up about 16 points to bid on him with. That's a different bidding system than your talking about. I have to actually drop players to recoup there salary to make bids. I think I responded to one of your other posts not long ago about a similar question. Look through your leagues rosters and see who needs the WR help and compare points they have to spend with you. Note teams that have bid on WR's the past 2 weeks and how much they paid. Make super special notes on the teams that bid on WR's and didn't get them because they got outbidded and see how much they bid, if that info is available to you. You should be able to narrow down somewhat who has interest and a ballpark spending figure. At the end of the day, if you need him, do what you have to do to get him.