[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I give Calvin Johnson to get Steve Smith (NYG)

NJ Spartan

Hi,

I'm being offered to trade away Calvin Johnson to get Steve Smith (NYG). To my not very bright FF mind, this looks nearly like a wash. Except maybe when you consider that I have Jahvid Best on my team too. Should I diversify away from Best?

I'm in a 12 team vanilla ESPN.com scoring scheme:

QB: Cutler, Vick

RB: Rice, Best, Hightower, Danny Ware

WR: Nicks, Jennings, Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, Jacoby Jones, Mark Clayton

TE: Zach Miller, Aaron Hernandez

K: Jeff Reed

D/ST: Giants

What are your thoughts on the trade, as well as any other ideas you have on how I could improve my team. I'd love to get another RB but folks don't seem inclined to trade starting RBs for anything!

Thanks for your advice!

Eric in Northern NJ

Yeah don't worry about having two players from the same team, when you draft you just go by talent.

I have Calvin and Best, Schaub and Foster, A-Rod and Finley, yeah its bad for bye weeks but pretty good the other 16 weeks.

Also look at the draft position for each player, depending on league size Calvin goes in the first two rounds while Smith goes in the middle rounds.

In my league i got Calvin in the 2nd round and Smith in the 5th so trading a 2nd rounder for a 5th rounder wouldn't make much sense.

Yeah don't worry about having two players from the same team, when you draft you just go by talent.

I have Calvin and Best, Schaub and Foster, A-Rod and Finley, yeah its bad for bye weeks but pretty good the other 16 weeks.

Also look at the draft position for each player, depending on league size Calvin goes in the first two rounds while Smith goes in the middle rounds.

In my league i got Calvin in the 2nd round and Smith in the 5th so trading a 2nd rounder for a 5th rounder wouldn't make much sense.

Draft position doesn't mean squat after the last player is picked. I drafted Forte in the sixth in a PPR. Should I trade him for Cedric Benson because some Yahoo took Benson in the 2nd?

This way of thinking is why it is so difficult to trade in most leagues. owners are tied to draft position until they are 0-4 and it is too late.....

Draft position doesn't mean squat after the last player is picked. I drafted Forte in the sixth in a PPR. Should I trade him for Cedric Benson because some Yahoo took Benson in the 2nd?

This way of thinking is why it is so difficult to trade in most leagues. owners are tied to draft position until they are 0-4 and it is too late.....

Well you look smart for drafting him in the 6th and he looks dumb for drafting Benson in the 2nd round.

If those winless owners don't want to trade if they are tied to draft position then that's their loss i just know in my league

draft position is a big influence in trades.

Well you look smart for drafting him in the 6th and he looks dumb for drafting Benson in the 2nd round.

If those winless owners don't want to trade if they are tied to draft position then that's their loss i just know in my league

draft position is a big influence in trades.

You should not make this trade Calvin Johnson has alot more upside than Smith.

What about Jonathan Stewart for Calvin Johnson. The other person seems pumped up for Calvin, and if you check my original post -- I'm light on RBs.

Thoughts?

Absolutely not!

Don't trade away Calvin Johnson unless its for a premier RB like Gore, MoJo, Peterson, etc. a top caliber guy because that's what Calvin is.

J-Stew is a scrub sharing carries with another RB on a team with no QB.