[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for Michael Turner?

CowboysDiehard

Michael Turner is on the trading block in my league. Standard performance scoring. Fixed posltion limits (2QB, 4RB, 5WR). Here is my roster and his. His stated need is a WR, but I'm not willing to help him there. I could, however, upgrade him at QB with Vick.

You start 2RB/2WR and one FLEX

My team:

QB: Rivers, Vick

RB: D williams, Foster, Thomas, J Stewart

WR: R White, Breaston, Manningham, M Wallace, Sidney Rice

His Team:

QB: Hasselbeck, Bradford

RB: McCoy, Charles, S Jackson, Turner

WR: Fitz, Bowe, Clayton, Cribbs, Henderson

My inclination is to offer Vick, J Stew, and any WR other than White. I would also be willing to part with D Williams, but would like to avoid it for now

I would get Turner and whatever he wants to give at QB and WR

My concern is that the Dwill and JStew tandem will have better fantasy value as the season wears on. Addiitonally, Turner hasn't been able to consistently stay on the field. Snelling is not available, but someone has dropped R Bush (he won't be out there long, but position limits in this league drive most of those kinds of decisions). If I make this trade, I can potentially have both Turner and Bush on my roster.

I have a history of giving up on backs early in the year in this league, thanks to the limits we have, and many decisions have come back to bite me (Thomas Jones last year). So this year, I'm trying to avoid the same mistake.

Basic question, is M Turner an upgrade over Williams/Stewart at this point?

Edited by CowboysDiehard

I would try to do the trade, maybe like this:

Vick / Rice / any other WR except White

for

Turner / Bradford

...then you pick up Bush...and, he may get frustrated w/ waiting for Rice, and may cut him giving you a free shot at him again down the road...

Edited by muck