[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any electiricians in the house?

theprofessor

In my media room I have 3 different light switches in different areas of the room that turn on and off the lights in the room. A few years ago one of the light switches got broke and when I replaced it the light switch never worked properly. Each of the 3 light switches had to be in certain positions in order for all 3 light switches to activate properly. Depending on the position of the switch (up or down) would determine if you were going to be able to turn the lights on or off. I would constantly have to walk back and forth between 2 of the light switches changing their position in order to get the light switches to activate properly. Because of the location of the light switches in the room I can't just keep one of the light switches in a common position all the time. I am using 3-way light switches. I am getting my home prepped to sell and I need to get this resolved. If anyone could give me some advice I would appreciate it!!

In my media room I have 3 different light switches in different areas of the room that turn on and off the lights in the room. A few years ago one of the light switches got broke and when I replaced it the light switch never worked properly. Each of the 3 light switches had to be in certain positions in order for all 3 light switches to activate properly. Depending on the position of the switch (up or down) would determine if you were going to be able to turn the lights on or off. I would constantly have to walk back and forth between 2 of the light switches changing their position in order to get the light switches to activate properly. Because of the location of the light switches in the room I can't just keep one of the light switches in a common position all the time. I am using 3-way light switches. I am getting my home prepped to sell and I need to get this resolved. If anyone could give me some advice I would appreciate it!!

3-way switches (misnomer, as most of the time it is two) are tricky enough without introducing a third switch (making it a "four-way switch") into the mix.

Personally, if you haven't done this before, hire an electrician. It shouldn't cost much.

BUT if you are bound and determined to DIY:

:wacko:

Look about 3/4 way down.

3-way switches (misnomer, as most of the time it is two) are tricky enough without introducing a third switch (making it a "four-way switch") into the mix.

Personally, if you haven't done this before, hire an electrician. It shouldn't cost much.

BUT if you are bound and determined to DIY:

:wacko:

Look about 3/4 way down.

Thanks Very Much for this link!!