[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I offer this trade?

injendsm

Schaub, Best, & M. Floyd for McNabb, Foster, & R. White.

The other team's starting WR's are Marshall & Welker so White is usually on his bench. He tried getting Schaub from me a week ago so I'm sure he's still interested. It's a 2QB league and my starters would be Orton & Ryan if this trade went through. I'm hurting at RB with injuries to Best & Matthews over the last two weeks so adding Foster would help me a lot. Should I offer this trade?

Link your thread and I'll answer it.

Depends on the relative scoring between positions. Is the downgrade at QB gonna cost you more points than you make up at RB & WR?

I think you might find McNabb worth a start from time to time or have value as a trade piece. White and Foster are studs and likely the two best players in the deal. Foster is in a good offense so he will get production even vs a tough defense. And White gets a ton of looks.

Please see mine.

Thanks for the input. Link me to your thread and I'll answer.

QB Scoring

1 pt per 25 yards

1 pt per completion

6 pt TD

5 pt at 300 yards, 7 at 400, 10 at 500

RB Scoring

1 pt per 10 yards

1 pt per carry

6 pt TD

5 pt at 150 yards, 7 at 175, 10 at 200

Taking Schaub's seeming inconsistency so far and my current needs at RB, so I think, at worst, I'll even out with possible points. Ryan has been solid so far and Orton has been playing great from a fantasy perspective so I think I'd be in decent shape with those two.

You would have had a much better chance at getting this offer accepted before Best got injured. The Foster/White owner might be a little gun shy about acquiring a rookie RB with an injury history who has turf toe.

+1

It's not a bad offer, but I'm not sure that the trade really helps you.. Here's my thinking:

Schaub > McNabb

Best > Foster

Floyd << R White

It's a pretty even trade. You're getting a nice upgrade at WR, however you're downgrading at 2 positions to do so. I'd at least throw it out there to see if the other owner has any interest, but if Best weren't hurt, would you still offer the trade???

Please see mine: Seeking WW advice

"Schaub > McNabb

Best > Foster

Floyd << R White"

Personally I would say that I like Foster over best...yes as of right now Best may look better, but the one big game he had was against Phi. He was only marginal against Chi and was pretty much a non-factor against Min. All the teams in Det. division have stout run def. Det has to play GB twice, Chi again(who lead the league in run Def) and min again. Those are 4 games that best will only be marginal. Plus he is injured now.

I would say that the trade seems to make sense as long as all the players involved and your other QBs continue to play well. But be cautious, Denver still hasn't really gone up against a tough Passing def. and ortons matchups appear to become increasingly more difficult as the season progresses. Having some depth at QB in a 2 QB league could be nice...As well...what do you do when your QBs have a bye week...do you have another QB to start?

+1

It's not a bad offer, but I'm not sure that the trade really helps you.. Here's my thinking:

Schaub > McNabb

Best > Foster

Floyd << R White

It's a pretty even trade. You're getting a nice upgrade at WR, however you're downgrading at 2 positions to do so. I'd at least throw it out there to see if the other owner has any interest, but if Best weren't hurt, would you still offer the trade???

Please see mine: Seeking WW advice

McNabb would just be used as a bye week filler so he's not much of a factor to me. I don't agree with Best> Foster, though. Foster has produced more points in my league and has no injury issues. I do think the trade is even, just not sure if Orton and Ryan can keep me afloat if I'm stacked at the other positions (they've given me no reason to doubt so far, though). If Best weren't hurt, I'd still offer the trade if I knew I could get Foster in return.

"Schaub > McNabb

Best > Foster

Floyd << R White"

Personally I would say that I like Foster over best...yes as of right now Best may look better, but the one big game he had was against Phi. He was only marginal against Chi and was pretty much a non-factor against Min. All the teams in Det. division have stout run def. Det has to play GB twice, Chi again(who lead the league in run Def) and min again. Those are 4 games that best will only be marginal. Plus he is injured now.

I would say that the trade seems to make sense as long as all the players involved and your other QBs continue to play well. But be cautious, Denver still hasn't really gone up against a tough Passing def. and ortons matchups appear to become increasingly more difficult as the season progresses. Having some depth at QB in a 2 QB league could be nice...As well...what do you do when your QBs have a bye week...do you have another QB to start?

My current QB's are Schaub, Ryan, Orton & Freeman. If I gave up Schaub, Freeman would become my backup. The bye weeks I would need him for are 8 & 9 when TB plays Arizona & Atlanta. Hasselbeck is currently available on the WW as well.