[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seeking WW advice

Shorttynaz

My Roster: (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)

QB: M Ryan, B Roethlisberger

RB: F Gore, R Mendenhall, J Addai, B Jackson, D Brown

WR: R White, H Nicks, D Driver, L Murphy

TE: D Keller, Z Miller

K: D Akers

DEF: Vikings, Falcons

I'n not too sure if I should take a flier on LeGarette Blount (TB) or Ryan Torain (WAS)..??

L Blount looks to be in line for more rouches, and the HC in Tampa has already said that Blount is going to see a bigger workload in the offense moving forward. He's getting all sorts of love out there (and they're on bye this week).

R Torain plays in what seems to be a better offense (or I should say more balanced), but he's still the backup to Portis, however it's Shanahan - and he's had a mancrush on Torain ever since he drafted him in Denver. Everything I'm reading is saying that he's leapfrogged K Huggins, and it's only a matter of time before he takes over the role of Portis..

Now - my decision.. Do I drop my handcuff to Addai (D Brown) and take one of these two guys? While Brown plays in a potent offense, the Colts haven't been able to successfully run the ball for like the past 3 or 4 years now.. And so long as Addai and Brown are both healthy, neither are going to be any sort of fantasy stud. But if Addai goes down with some sort of injury, Brown (who is the better RB in my opinion) will be VERY relevant. *!*!*!* OR *!*!*!* do I drop one of my backups at another position and leave Brown alone on the bench? I'm loving the Steelers offense, and it's only set to get better when Big Ben comes back. I'd really like to hang on to him as there's really nothing else out there on the WW for QBs worth a damn.. That leaves me with an extra defense (which I never carry one) in which I have only to cover the Vikings bye week. This would be an easy decision next week, however both Torain and Blount will have been picked up by then. That leaves me with one more option - Z Miller. While he's not a big threat at TE, he's my backup - and just like Big Ben, there's really nothing else available on the WW in terms of TE.

So - if this decision were yours, what would you do???

Thanks in advance!!!

Or - do I give up already on B Jackson and toss him to the curb? I don't want to as he plays in a powerhouse offense, but after 2 weeks he's not exactly lighting it up as analysts projected him to do. In fact, it looks as if Kuhn is the better RB there in Green Bay..

Personally, I am looking to acquire tourain. He looks like he has good potential on a team with a balanced offense. Now looking at history, Portis WILL get hurt...it is only a matter of time. So if I had to pick Tourain is a back that is worth a roster spot.

Now as far as who to replace...in my mind, Z.miller seems like the least important player there...I can't really think of a reason other than a bye week that you would start Miller over Keller, so dump him...if you are lucky he will still be around week 7 to pick him up for the Jets bye week, if not...ur week at TE for one week. That is my 2 cents

Not really ready to give up on Brown just yet. At this point, he's taking up a roster spot, but I'm not desperate for a RB at this point - however it all could change on any given weekend.

Brown however "could" be fantasy gold come FF playoff time if the Colts do their typical week 15-17 resting starters for the playoff's - leaving Brown as the starter. Who knows... But with a solid TE as my already every week starter, I do feel that Miller (while good) is expendable. So, I'm gonna roll the dice with Torain this week and cross my fingers for the best!

id go with torrain. consider portis' injury history, and mike shanahan's obsession with running the ball (usually effectively) and you should make the right decision.

on another note, mike mccarthy has already said this week that he doesnt see bjax as the type of back to get 20-25 touches in his O. This is because bjax has been largely ineffective with the touches he has gotten. watch for news moving forward, bjax might not have much value left and if you can find quality on the WW, you might want to drop him.

help? http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=333060

Edited by falconsfan15

Actually ended up getting both without dumping Brown. I dropped Miller for Torain, and then noticed that we have an injury reserve spot (never had this in years past) where you can put a suspended player (Roethlisberger), which I did and then picked up Torain.

Woo Hoo!