[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is Gates worth?

Just curious if he is a sell high candidate now. I can p/u Zack Miller off waivers to replace him; i dropped him to p//u Torain on Sunday. I need help at RB and a QB. I thought of offering Gates and Barbers for CJ2 as that owner also has Rivers. If Gates continues on this path of terror I will regret it, but I just do not see it lasting and him coming down to earth a bit...albeit not alot. Opinions appreciated. FYI I will be picking Bradford up off waivers tonight and dropping McNabb as well.

The Ball Basher,

Gates is the ultimate TE STUD and is playing all world right now. Offering Gates+Barber for Chris Johnson will not fly if you ask me. CJ2k is one of (if not the) top RB in the league. Sure, Gates is a monster, but you have to remember there are a lot of decent-good TEs available even on the WW in most leagues. CJ2k is a stud at the most important position in fantasy football, RB. If the CJ2k owner is uneducated in fantasy football, then go ahead and try to pull one over. Otherwise, think you need to set your sights for a lower RB1 or maybe a WR1.

In a mandatory TE league, I would try to figure out how to upgrade my team without dumping Gates - he is playing like at WR1. Going for CJ2K is shooting for M.Jordan - it is going to cost you too much and CJ2K is not performing like CJ2K this year...stay away from him. Why not try to deal Driver and Stewart for a QB upgrade...like K.Orton - I think you are weaker at QB than you are at RB at the moment.

Your team effectively has three WR1s...AJ, Wayne, and Gates. If you really want to think outside the box, then consider waiting till AJ gets healthy in a few weeks and dealing one of your WRs for a top QB (look for an owner with a great backup like Orton...would have said Vick a few days ago). Then you can plug Driver in as your WR2 - but effectively, Driver is putting up TE points for your team.

Now, you have a top QB and your overall points production drop off is Gates to Driver at TE. Your issue is going to be that this is a keeper league. So you may have to sweeten the deal by throwing in a JStew.

Just throwing out an alternative option to giving up Gates who I feel is an anchor for your team. Tough call as this is a keeper league.

Good luck

Gates is outperforming every TE that I thought had a chance to compete with him....What I don't get is that he is the best receiver on the Chargers and he is not getting Doubled or anything....? I don't get it....He is a definate "sell high" candidate right now as I think the Chargers will "tankit" later on in the season....

Please see mine.....

3 player trade advice....

Favre, P.T, Ivory and Steve Smith(CAR)

Spinal...great analysis. I view it the same way and have been working on trading Floyd for Cutler; other parts in the deal...but is the main structure, as that Owner is a personal friend and has Orton as well. He is high on Orton and with Cutler's recent game I believe he can be had cheaper.

Edited by The Ball Basher