[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

0-5 What To Do?

This is my first year in fantasy, so I attribute my horrible draft and first week to that. My current team is below. Two games were a matter of picking the wrong player to start (Sitting Rice last week and Nicks in week 1). Two games, I played a team that blew up and outscored everyone in the league by a long shot. Should I just keep my team as is and see how it goes, or trade away for a real RB and give up on some of my gambles?

Two teams from each group make the playoffs. I'm in Group 1. The league record spread is:

4-1, 3-2, 3-2, 2-3, 0-5 (Group 1)

5-0, 3-2, 3-2, 2-3, 0-5 (Group 2)

How many teams in your league?

If you play with at least 10-12 teams, then I think your team looks good, and it's like you said, that it's more a matter of starting the wrong guy and having teams blow up against you... It happens, unfortunately.

I like your depth at all of your positions, so you do have some room to work on a trade for an upgrade though... I would say to let go of one of your WRs for an upgrade to either RB2 or QB1, but with Calvin's injured shoulder and a bye next week, you'll want to hold on to WR help to get through that...

Hernandez is another nice piece of trade-bait to a TE-needy team, since you can only start 1 TE, and even better if you can pick up a decent bye-week TE replacement.

Yes, you could use a RB or QB upgrade to put you over the top, with you sitting in a hole right now, but I don't think you'd be too bad off to ride the hot-hands and play matchups at those positions, aside from Rice. You have to start him, and hope for the best.

I've definitely seen far worse teams turn it around. Good luck!

You're in a keeper league, so you can go 1 of 2 routes.

You can really try to improve your lineup for this year and try make up the 3 games, or you can start to focus on next season and work on improving your draft picks and keeper options.

if you go for the focus on this season, hen I would look to deal Flacco and one of your top 4 WRs to a team with needs at those positions, and if you can package one of your handcuff RBs (Tolbert, Jones, Greene) to a team with Mathews/Charles/LT respectively, you could possible pull it off (obviously would need to know rosters to make specific reccs).

If you go with the focus on bulking up for next year, then change the focus of your offers to turning 2 or 3 guys into a stud that you can keep, or deal some of your depth to teams for draft picks. You could pretty easily deal one of your top 4 WRs to a contending team that could use a WR for a relatively early pick and you could probably deal Roth to a team in need of a QB boost for the same, although given your scoring rule of 1 point per completion, I may hold out on dealing him and focus on upgrading your RBs with the 1 pt per attempt rule.

Edited by Big Country

I'd be looking to get rid of Lynch, T. Jones and L. Moore so try to package them into a deal with someone. I'm starting to believe that Flacco will never be a monster fantasy QB, and you already have Big Ben. Could you make a deal with someone holding one of those promising young QB's? Flacco, Jones, Moore for Bradford+RB, Freeman+RB, Henne+RB

Looking at the other guys team, I'd say Mendenhall is the only RB that will definitely improve your team. He will never trade him though, so I'd be looking at deals with other teams.