[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts injury update vs Redskins

CaptainHook

As news of the Wednesday injury report spreads, everyone begins to speculate on who will play and who will sit, but I just don’t think it’s that big of a deal this week.

WR Austin Collie had the day off because of his right foot injury. But he missed two practices last week, went limited on Friday and played against Kansas City. He wasn’t 100 percent, this much we could tell, but he suited up and did what he could. I suspect it’s going to be the same this week. Give that foot plenty of treatment, test it, then gut it out.

That WR Pierre Garcon is on the list again doesn’t surprise me, either. I don’t know that he re-injured his hamstring, it’s probably just sore from his first game back. I don’t think he’s out, or we would have seen another WR added to the fold on Tuesday.

CB Jacob Lacey had a boot on, too, but said it wasn’t serious, that his right foot was just sore. He suggested he could be ready to play this week. We’ll see. Sometimes, the player wants to but the team decides to play it safe. Justin Tryon as a nickel back might be more valuable, since he spent his first two seasons with the Redskins. He knows those guys well.

MLB Gary Brackett enjoyed his customary day off, although the reason has moved from a back to a groin. Again, let’s just call it the veteran’s special. Hey, DE Dwight Freeney got the day off to rest. As usual. Wonder if you can have that written in your contract?

from indystar.com

We’ve already heard today from RB Joseph Addai, who sat out Thursday’s practice with a neck/shoulder injury. Addai sounds like he expects to play Sunday night at Washington.

After that, Thursday’s injury report has several question marks.

The educated guess is RB Donald Brown (limited) and WR Anthony Gonzalez (limited) will sit out this week, get a bye week to heal up more, then be back for the Nov. 1 Monday night home game against Houston.

Sticking with limited participations, WR Austin Collie did some work on that sore right foot. He missed two days last week, so I actually think it’s encouraging he tested the foot today (Thursday). WR Pierre Garcon was limited with a hamstring injury. I’m thinking the team is having him take it easy after returning to the lineup Sunday.

As for the other DNPs, MLB Gary Brackett sat out a second consecutive day with a groin injury. Brackett has spoken with reporters this week, which is typically a sign the guy is playing. No reason to think this isn’t any more than just necessary rest for a sore body part.

RB Mike Hart sat out today. Last week, he missed two days with a knee. That sounded like it could keep him out, but did not. This time, he has a hip injury. Same as above, it’s probably just a little sore, so better safe than sorry with the daily work.

CB Jacob Lacey didn’t practice for a second straight day with a right foot injury. He told me Wednesday it wasn’t serious, just sore, and suggested he could return this next game. But I’m wondering if that will be the case. Won’t be surprised if he sits and Justin Tryon gets out there against his former team as a nickel back.

from indystar.com

Edited by CaptainHook