[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rivers vs Brady for rest of season

SpinalTapp

Before the recent rash of injuries to his receivers....I would have picked Rivers for the rest of the season. Brady looks pretty well locked into a 225-250yds with 1-2tds per game pattern - his pre- Moss numbers. I don't see a whole lot of upside. Rivers, on the other hand, continues to chuck it so the opportunity for 300+yd 3td games still exists....well - existed. Rivers does still have the potential of Gates and Floyd healing later in the year and the possibility of VJax returning.

Which QB will produce higher numbers week over week the rest of the season in your opinion? What weekly numbers do you project for each?

Who'd you rather have at QB?

Thanks

I like Brady. Rivers has better stats thus far but can be inconsistent, and the Chargers are 2-4. It's all on his shoulders, and if the pressure to win makes him play play great he could pay dividends, but if they lose a few more the team may not play at 100% down the stretch. It's close but I'd roll the dice and go with Brady even without Moss.

honestly theyre both pretty safe...if i were you, id keep brady, and sell high on rivers to upgrade another position of yours...maybe something like

Rivers & a RB 3 for someones RB 1(michael turner?) and QB 2

I currently own Brady. Would have to give up Brady and some value to acquire Rivers....

ESPN is reporting that VJax has signed his tender and will report to the Chargers. He will be availalbe in Week 12. I own Brady and VJax....

Here is my team today

QB Brady

RB1 CJ2K

RB2 JCharles

WR1 R.Wayne

WR2 M.Austin

FLEX R.Mathews or M.Wallace

TE A.Hernandez

Bench: VJax, D.Alexander, D.Clark (wrist), J.Ringer

Does the VJax signing put RIvers back over the top as a top three QB? I could really use the pop at the QB position during Weeks 14, 15, and 16 (playoffs) as Brady is just giving average production. I would offer Brady and Wallace for Rivers and Dez Bryrant.

Assuming I can get to the playoffs, my team would be:

RIvers

CJ2K

Charles or Mathews

Wayne

Austin

VJackson

Hernandez

Is the Rivers to VJax combo worth the price of Wallace?? Would you make this deal?

Heres my top 5 for the rest of the season..

1.Manning

2.Rodgers

3.Brees

4.Brady

5.Rivers

I just don't see line of sight to Brady being a top four QB without a deep threat. Do you see Tate developing or things opening up later in the season? At this time, I have Brady giving me 250 yds and a td or two - tops each week. Don't see a lot of upside as he will be managing games with short/intermediate passes as opposed to throwing to build huge leads and blowing teams out of the water.

How do you/others see it?

Edited by SpinalTapp

Rivers over Brady based on the above reasoning. You will see more Woodhead and Welker short game passing out of Brady, while rivers is airing the ball well, even with his banged-up and patched-together receiving corps. With V-Jax coming back in four weeks, Rivers should be a beast in December.