[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Frogs are Working Harder Protesting Having to work

SEC=UGA

So I took the time to read this entire thread, but I'm just now going to ignore everything previously stated and wonder out loud here for a sec (so bare with me).

The younger people of France have been protesting and rioting to keep the government from forcing them into something they don't agree with? For all the crap people give the French I guess I kind of like the fight in that. In America our government spends billions to trillions on stimulus, multiple wars, bailouts, a military industrial complex that is twice the size of the #2 army on the globe and most of us just sit in our cubicles and don't pay attention. I kind of liked the quote from the movie V for Vendetta where he states that the government should be afraid of its people, not the people be afraid of their government. Maybe in some ways we are more of a push over then we want to admit and the French are a bit more surly then we give them credit for? I know many of us here disagree about the details but I'm on board with the sentiment that we want the government to be doing something different/better than what they have been doing for the last 15 years or so. In some ways our government has seemed to get worse and unfortunately I don't see near the amount of fight in us as I do the French right now. An occasional mass protest and some riots might do our own government good.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I took the time to read this entire thread, but I'm just now going to ignore everything previously stated and wonder out loud here for a sec (so bare with me).

The younger people of France have been protesting and rioting to keep the government from forcing them into something they don't agree with? For all the crap people give the French I guess I kind of like the fight in that. In America our government spends billions to trillions on stimulus, multiple wars, bailouts, a military industrial complex that is twice the size of the #2 army on the globe and most of us just sit in our cubicles and don't pay attention. I kind of liked the quote from the movie V for Vendetta where he states that the government should be afraid of its people, not the people be afraid of their government. Maybe in some ways we are more of a push over then we want to admit and the French are a bit more surly then we give them credit for? I know many of us here disagree about the details but I'm on board with the sentiment that we want the government to be doing something different/better than what they have been doing for the last 15 years or so. In some ways our government has seemed to get worse and unfortunately I don't see near the amount of fight in us as I do the French right now. An occasional mass protest and some riots might do our own government good.

+1

Edit: This isn't to say I agree with what the French are rioting about at all. I don't. We do seem to be extremely passive though.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I can agree with some of that . . . but when 99.9% of all Americans still have a standard of living better than 99% of teh rest of the world . . . it is tough for them to get all worked up about anything. :wacko: