[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offered a Trade Today

RattlerB

I'm 6-1 in this PPR league with a cray scoring format (points for completions, rushing attempts, catches, and no negatives for fumbles). The second place team (at 5-2) has offered me Miles Austin and Brett Favre for Joe Flacco (on bye this week). I'm certainly not interested in Favre, but I'm undecided on what the rest of the season holds for Austin with Romo out. Do I make this trade, counter, or ignore? Here are the rosters:

MY TEAM

Starters:

QB - Fitzpatrick

RB - Gore, Torain

WR - R. Moss, Blair White

TE - Witten

W/T - Keller

K - NONE (riding without one right now as I am looking at RB issues next week - Gore and Torain on BYE and Thomas maybe still out)

DEF - Steelers

Bench:

QB - Flacco

RB - Hillis, P. Thomas, B. Jacobs

WR - Collie, Driver

HIS TEAM

QB - McNabb, Favre

RB - Turner, McCoy, F. Jones

WR - Austin, Wyne, Ochocinco, Mannigham, B. Edwards

TE - Gates

K - Prater

DEF - Jets, Chargers

Edited by RattlerB

I would stick with the team you have. I think Austin's value will be down because of Romo being out for a while and you already have very good receivers. I think it would be wize to hang onto Flacco because I don't know if Fitzpatrick can keep up the numbers that he has been getting and having Farve as your backup is kinda scary.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=338342

Interesting input, my friends. If I take this deal, here comes my next dilemma:

Adding Austin and McNabb means I need to release someone. It also doesn't address my need at RB for next week. If I hold Jacobs, I can pay him with Hillis (Torain and Gore on bye, Thomas likely still not playing).

Either way, I still don't have a kicker, but I might roll without if I have to.

OK... I'm going to pull the trigger on dealing Flacco for McNabb and Austin. I can drop Blair White, but can anyone give me some advice on my RB situation? I'm not going to use Brandon Jacobs this week, so if I can't work another trade, do I:

1) roll sans kicker this week and use Brandon Jacobs with Hillis next week

2) roll sans kicker, drop Jacobs and grab Blount to use next week

3) drop Jacobs, grab a kicker and take my chances on what's available next week at RB if Pierre Thomas still can't go

Pulling my hair out right now... which is tough since I normally shave my head.

I don't think I'd make that trade. I like Austin and I don't think his production will be AS affected by Kitna as some think, but dealing Flacco leaves you weak at QB. Don't get me wrong, Fitz & McNabb are both talented, I just don't see them putting up the consistent #s Flacco does and hence, you would have to keep both on your squad to play the matchups and sit/start accordingly. Since roster spots are at a premium already for your team, I wouldn't do it. If you are set at RB, but need BYE filler...I would pass on this trade and try and get a RB into a deal. I wouldn't drop any of your RBs when you can trade them though.

I would probably do the McNabb/Austin for Flacco trade. At least in our league (which has a "crazy" scoring system), McNabb and Flacco are pretty comparable in overall scoring, Flacco might be a bit more consistent - but not by much. Austin would really help your WR corps, and I think he should be OK w/ Kitna.

How much do your PK's contribute? All else being equal, I would say get the PK so you're not leaving points on the table.

I would probably do the McNabb/Austin for Flacco trade. At least in our league (which has a "crazy" scoring system), McNabb and Flacco are pretty comparable in overall scoring, Flacco might be a bit more consistent - but not by much. Austin would really help your WR corps, and I think he should be OK w/ Kitna.

How much do your PK's contribute? All else being equal, I would say get the PK so you're not leaving points on the table.

I pulled the trigger on the trade. In this league, McNabb is only 11 points behind Flacco in scoring. We get points for completions and rushing attempts.

I'm going to see who else wants to deal and see if I can change running backs somewhere.

Kickers in this league get various points:

0-19 yards = 1pt

20-29 yards = 2pts

30-39yds = 3pts

40-49 yards = 4pts

50+ yards = 5pts

XP = 1pt

My next concern here is what to do if I can't strike up another deal and PT still doesn't play next week. With Austin, I can start him and Moss until Collie gets back (then likely sit Moss or Austin depending on the matchup/QB situation). But if I can't deal do I hold Jacobs for next week or switch him out for Blount? If I get a kicker, is Driver the one I drop?