[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Ryan Mathews worth keeping on your bench?

LAD

I have Mathews too and I think it's too early to drop him. Norv remains committed to Mathews, but obviously he hasn't been the RB they thought he'd be out of the gate. Patience, decision making, finding holes, pass blocking and vision are all things he needs to work on but he still has the potential to break out.

I'd play the matchups for a few weeks if you can afford a bench spot...if not, I would try and trade him for another 'upside' player who, like Mathews, has the potential, just has not shown it yet. Mathews still has some value left to be leveraged, you just have to decide whether you want to cash out now or hold on and see what happens. I would def. not drop him yet tho.

I am in a league where we keep 2 franchise players each year......drafted Matthews hoping he'd be a franchise type back..

that being said, holding onto him, but writing off this year and not really starting him with any confidence until he shows he gets the ball 15-20 times regulary...

I am in a league where we keep 2 franchise players each year......drafted Matthews hoping he'd be a franchise type back..

that being said, holding onto him, but writing off this year and not really starting him with any confidence until he shows he gets the ball 15-20 times regulary...

What Chargers need to do is stop letting that fat vulture Tolbert take all of Matthews' touchdowns.

I would keep him on your bench until Tolbert gets inured =]