[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade question

champ48win

Just after Romo went down a trade occured in my league and I am questioning whether it is a fair trade or not, I know that collusion is not involved but this is now the 3rd trade between good friends that has me scratching my head.

1st trade

Team A gives Big Ben & Peyton Hillis to Team B for Anquan Boldin

2nd trade

Team A gives Matt Forte & Randy Moss to Team B for Frank Gore & Louis Murphy. (This trade is sketchy as well, but nothing to get upset about)

3rd trade

Team A (who just lost Romo) gives Aaron Hernandez to Team B for Joe Flacco.

Team A has just been fleecing Team B of all of his good players in exchange for his worst players and now this last trade is just too much. I know that a QB scores considerably more points than a TE will but does anyone else think that this trade is just horribly unbalanced. Flacco has scored 115 points this year and Hernandez has only scored 40, now Im not great at math but that is a 3X increase in points which just screams unfair trade.

Thoughts?

While it looks like there is something shady going on there is nothing you can really do about it. You cant predict what others wants are. Another reason why I only play in leagues with close friends with money on the line.

Edited by doing_it_live

Just after Romo went down a trade occured in my league and I am questioning whether it is a fair trade or not, I know that collusion is not involved but this is now the 3rd trade between good friends that has me scratching my head.

1st trade

Team A gives Big Ben & Peyton Hillis to Team B for Anquan Boldin

2nd trade

Team A gives Matt Forte & Randy Moss to Team B for Frank Gore & Louis Murphy. (This trade is sketchy as well, but nothing to get upset about)

3rd trade

Team A has just been fleecing Team B of all of his good players in exchange for his worst players and now this last trade is just too much. I know that a QB scores considerably more points than a TE will but does anyone else think that this trade is just horribly unbalanced. Flacco has scored 115 points this year and Hernandez has only scored 40, now Im not great at math but that is a 3X increase in points which just screams unfair trade.

Thoughts?

That's completely false: Team B has acquired Big Ben and a top ten RB who has scored more consistently than most RBs this year. Boldin has been very hit or miss. He gave up Randy Moss and ANOTHER top ten RB for a top RB and a waste at WR. If this is mandatory TE, and team B is deep at QB than the Hernandez for Flacco trade is fine as well.

No, this is simply a case of you thinking you know how the future will play out and that you know more than you actually do, no offense. Just leave it be. This isn't the problem you're looking for.

Everything seems fine to me. Usually friends trade with each other more often than they do people they don't know because they can call each other and discuss it beforehand. While I personally usually never trade with the same team more than twice in a year (unless they are making me an offer I can't refuse), I don't think any of those trades raise an eyebrow.

Team A gives Big Ben & Peyton Hillis to Team B for Anquan Boldin-

without knowing their roster situations or when this trade was made, on the surface it seems like team B is actually getting a better deal here

Team A gives Matt Forte & Randy Moss to Team B for Frank Gore & Louis Murphy

Forte and Moss are both are top-10 fantasy guys. Gore is elite, while Murphy has potential but is not close to a top 10 player.

again without knowing their rosters and needs, hard to say. If Flacco was the only QB the guy had then yeah, that would raise an eyebrow.

You can look at any trade and make a decision that one side is getting the better end. People have a tendency to think QBs are worth a lot because of their points, but remember, a backup QB is worth nothing but insurance when you can only start 1 QB. So in many cases a WR or RB with 50 points is a lot more appealing to a team then a QB they have on their bench even though they have more points.