[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blount for Nicks?

injendsm

I picked up Blount yesterday before the Sunday night game and was asked by another owner if I'd be willing to trade him. The owner wants another RB because after their 1 & 2 of Gore & Bradshaw, there isn't much left to be desired (Jackson of GB & BJGE). The main player I'm interested in from that team is Hakeem Nicks. I'm decent at WR but Nicks is having a great year & this seems like a good time to get value for Blount who has only had the one good game so far. I think he could be solid from here on out but I also think I'll be in good shape with my core of AP, Rice, & Benson. Should I take the offered trade?

me personally, i'd value blount over benson at this point.

if he's really hurting at running back, i'd try selling benson. sacrilegious to most, no doubt. but i feel benson's biggest asset is his name. not quite as bad as steve slation of last year, but he's been pedestrian and i think scott will be getting more touches sooner rather than later. also, tampa's offense is more dimensional and opens up both types of attacks. blount is sharing carries and still doing damage. with the offense getting to the goal line, he'll get those touches too for weaks he may not get the yardage.

how many tds does benson have this year?

that's my 2 cents..

get nicks for sure. but offer benson instead? maybe.

No way he gives up Nicks unless he's crazy. But if you can get him to bite, go for it!

It does seem crazy, but the owner asked me if I'd be willing to trade Blount and asked who from their team I was interested in. I said Nicks and the owner was fine with it.

The owner began to seem a little iffy about doing the trade so I offered Miles Austin & Marshawn Lynch for Hakeem Nicks. That was countered with Austin & Benson for Nicks. Good deal? I think I'm in good shape at RB & having a WR of Nicks's caliber would be nice.

He's not giving up Nicks for Benson without someone else like Wallace or Williams being thrown in as well. If he really likes Blount, I'd offer Blount and Steve Smith for Nicks and see if he takes it. Regardless, you don't need either Blount or Benson, just don't overpay.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I countered with Benson & Austin for Nicks & Brandon Jackson. Jackson has put up almost as many points on the year as Benson even though GB doesn't run the ball much so he could be decent if I ever need him. If anything, I could always try & use him as trade bait.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I countered with Benson & Austin for Nicks & Brandon Jackson. Jackson has put up almost as many points on the year as Benson even though GB doesn't run the ball much so he could be decent if I ever need him. If anything, I could always try & use him as trade bait.

Ugh, Austin should have never been part of the offer. That's a parallel move only, not an upgrade for you at all.