[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Online Shopping Surprise!

SEC=UGA

I ordered a couple things from Brookstone off of their innernets site....

Balancing the old check book today noticed that I was $96.48 short of balancing. Went online, checked my account:

Brookstone 203 - 08: $159.89

Brookstone 203 - 08: $96.48

:wacko:

I call them, "Hey, I only ordered one thing from you's guys and there are two charges..."

"Yes sir, one of the items cannot be shipped right now, so we only charged you for the item we can ship and then will charge you for the other one when it ships..."

Me: "So, are you going to credit me back the $159.89?"

Her: "Yes sir"

Me: "When?"

Her: "Well, since it is broken up into two orders we will credit it when we ship the other order..."

Me: :tup: "Umm, what do you mean..."

Her: "Well, we will charge the amount for the next order when it ships and then refund the $159.89."

Me: "Ummm, so you're gonna charge my card, again, for the balance and after doing so will then refund the $159.89?"

Her: "Yes"

Me: "So, let me see if I understand this, you have just placed $253 of charges on my card for an order that cost $160 and you plan to charge me another $64 before returning my money to me? You're placing $319 dollars on my card for an order that cost half of that?"

Me: "Can I speak with a manager/"

Her: "I can take your number and someone can call you back..."

Me: "Great, do that. You do realize that this sounds an awful lot like you guys are placing unauthorized charges on my card, don't you?"

Her: "No, we would never do that"

Me: "Great, thanks"

Patiently waiting...

I ordered a couple things from Brookstone off of their innernets site....

Balancing the old check book today noticed that I was $96.48 short of balancing. Went online, checked my account:

Brookstone 203 - 08: $159.89

Brookstone 203 - 08: $96.48

:wacko:

I call them, "Hey, I only ordered one thing from you's guys and there are two charges..."

"Yes sir, one of the items cannot be shipped right now, so we only charged you for the item we can ship and then will charge you for the other one when it ships..."

Me: "So, are you going to credit me back the $159.89?"

Me: "When?"

Her: "Well, since it is broken up into two orders we will credit it when we ship the other order..."

Me: :tup: "Umm, what do you mean..."

Her: "Well, we will charge the amount for the next order when it ships and then refund the $159.89."

Me: "Ummm, so you're gonna charge my card, again, for the balance and after doing so will then refund the $159.89?"

Her: "Yes"

Me: "So, let me see if I understand this, you have just placed $253 of charges on my card for an order that cost $160 and you plan to charge me another $64 before returning my money to me? You're placing $319 dollars on my card for an order that cost half of that?"

Me: "Can I speak with a manager/"

Her: "I can take your number and someone can call you back..."

Me: "Great, do that. You do realize that this sounds an awful lot like you guys are placing unauthorized charges on my card, don't you?"

Her: "No, we would never do that"

Me: "Great, thanks"

Patiently waiting...

bunch of tools