[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did you draft in the first 4/5 rounds?

Curt Dallas

I don't care how people drafted.....I can tell you all how I did, but the bottom line is here are 3 ww pickups that most 12 team leagues saw as free agents at the beginning of the year....

1. Mike Vick.....Yes, he was a projected back up and everyone drafter Kolb over him.....

2. Brandon Lloyd....Until week 13 a ww pick up in week 3-4 for most leagues.....Single handly made people get into the playoffs...

3. Peyton Hillis......That's right, he wasnt drafted in many 12 team leagues and if he was, you were laughed at......

Bottom line, the teams in our finals have 2 on one team, and 1 on the other...

O.k. maybe I am stretching it here, but a valid point...EH?

Hm, yes, valid point. I would add the Foster draft in late rounds (round 5 ish for some, early 6th round for me in our 10-team league) as I don't have any of those guys and I'm playing in our final. But, to be fair, I am the one in our league who picked up Hillis off the waiver wire. I don't have him now, and the team that does have him now is not in the playoffs. But I used him to trade for Brees who may have helped put me over the top. It's unclear; I may be in exactly the same place without the trade, but certainly either way I benefitted from having Hillis so point is still valid. Other guy in final has Vick who compensated for losing Romo, so he's done pretty well all year too.

Still, I'm betting some Foster owners are in their finals with none of these guys, owing to where they were able to get Foster in their drafts.

Edited by CrazyOne

I don't care how people drafted.....I can tell you all how I did, but the bottom line is here are 3 ww pickups that most 12 team leagues saw as free agents at the beginning of the year....

1. Mike Vick.....Yes, he was a projected back up and everyone drafter Kolb over him.....

2. Brandon Lloyd....Until week 13 a ww pick up in week 3-4 for most leagues.....Single handly made people get into the playoffs...

3. Peyton Hillis......That's right, he wasnt drafted in many 12 team leagues and if he was, you were laughed at......

Bottom line, the teams in our finals have 2 on one team, and 1 on the other...

O.k. maybe I am stretching it here, but a valid point...EH?

Yeah was readin Berry's article today and he actually stated that M Vick was on 1 out of every 5 fantesy teams in a championship game. Considering that only one team can have vick that is almost 40% of Vick owners made their championship. I hate to say this but Vick is a potentail #1 overalll draft pick next year.

As for my draft.... I had some hits and some misses.

1 MJD

2 P Manning

3 B Wells

4 Ochocinco

5 V Jax (yeah I didn't know about his contract BS when we drafted..... )

I ended up trading Wells early in a deal for Benson so I got good value for him. MJD has produced decently, and Manning is well Manning :wacko:

I also pick Austin Collie in the 7th rd (I still can't believe I got him that late...) He single handedly won me a few games early in the season.... I hope he's able to come back from that concussion and have a great season next year

In my local I drafted Rodgers, Wayne, Grant, DWill, McCoy, and PT. My strategy was to load up on RBs and use them as trade bait for the WR-happy first few rounds (it is a PPR league) and use the later rounds to take some chances on WR2s who might break out. Obviously the injuries to Grant, DWill, and PT weakened my team, but what really hurt is that I missed Arian Foster by one draft spot and wound up with Pierre Thomas. Talk about a season-changing, oh-so-close turn of events: I had been following the hype on Foster, wanted him on my team, but missed him by a single draft spot.

A team that went 7-6 and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs would probably have won at least 2-3 more games and been much more of a playoff force with the addition of Foster instead of the hobbled Thomas. And of course, how good this team have been with losing Grant and DWill to injuries/farked-up offense?

Meh. Next year, etc.

10 team, new league. Yahoo, PPR 1 point per reception.

1) MJD

2) Roddy White

3) Deangelo Williams

4) Steve Smith (CAR)

5) Carson Palmer

There was no fee per transaction (thank god), I ended up with 74 moves counting today. 10-3 record.

I did manage to get Arian Foster in later rounds though, so my remaining three draftees are Roddy White, MJD and Arian Foster.

I'm in the championships of my non-ppr 10-team league, drafting this from the 8-spot:

1. Andre Johnson (Woulda gone a RB earlier, but felt that Andre was the best player still on the list. I was the first to draft a WR)

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Javhid Best (The one mistake I made early...)

4. Marques Colston

5. Arian Foster (Best pick of the draft, obv)

6. Jason Whitten

7. Mike Wallace

8. GB Defense

So while I didn't draft any elite RBs early, I still ended up with the best one. My second RB slot swapped between Best and my 9th pick Forte for a while, until I got sick of them both sucking, so I picked up Tolbert, then finally settled on Blount. Running Foster and Blount now, and the rest of my roster is pretty much just as I drafted it, with Akers as K.

12-team, non-PPR drafting in the 12 slot:

DWill

Miles Austin

Pierre Thomas

Ronnie Brown

Best

Bradshaw

I went RB-WR-RB-RB-RB-RB because I always seem to be RB-challenged late in the season and I felt pretty good about this lineup.

This turned out to be the second-LOWEST scoring team in the league but went 8-5 (lots of low-scoring games along with some 1-point wins) and was the #2 seed (1st-round bye).

This week, I'm in the Super Bowl with this lineup (and I'm not going against Vick):

Grossman (or Tebow)

Bradshaw (or Jennings)

Blount

Austin

Britt

Branch (or Garcon or Floyd)

Chargers (or Cowboys)

Buehler

Edited by louisc9999