[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tie In Yahoo League

Guest mrbass

Crazy thing is happening, in a local yahoo league.

We play our Super Bowl in week 17.

I'm the 3 seed and will beat the 2 seed, but our 1 seed and 5 seed are locked up a 140.00 to 140.00

I have seen some crazy stuff, but this is strange.

My question is how does yahoo handle a Tie in the Play Offs?

Oh and the 5 seed beat the 4 seed in the first round 152-151

happened to me in round 1 of my local before Mendenhall lost 1 yard

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock is broken using the following system:

1. Winning percentage against this opponent during the regular season.

2. Playoff seed.

crap rule, make your own in the future

I agree and want decimal scoring bad, but commish and a few others don't want it..

Oh the commish was the one seed.

See you in the Super Bowl Mr 5 seed.

Crazy thing is happening, in a local yahoo league.

We play our Super Bowl in week 17.

I'm the 3 seed and will beat the 2 seed, but our 1 seed and 5 seed are locked up a 140.00 to 140.00

I have seen some crazy stuff, but this is strange.

My question is how does yahoo handle a Tie in the Play Offs?

Oh and the 5 seed beat the 4 seed in the first round 152-151

you guys don't work for the federal gov't do you?

This is a bit strange but I think it might be the most fair way of doing it. Before we adopted decimal scoring, we had a similar thing come up. When we had ties in the regular season, it was no biggie, and I have no idea why someone didn't realize that it could happen in the play-offs, but it did.

At any rate, it didn't seem right to all of a sudden pull out some rule that nobody had agreed upon earlier, so we came up with this.

Both players submitted a line-up for the following week. They also picked every NFL game against the spread with the normal total pts on Monday tiebreaker. So, the undisputed finalist didn't actually know who he was playing until the weekend was over but, obviously, that was not really important. Some think it should matter who you're playing when deciding your roster but, ultimately, you should just start the guys you think will get you the most points.

At any rate, whomever won the tie break was the guy who's roster was used in the finals.

Again, hardly a perfect solution, not the least of which is that it rewards handicapping skills which are otherwise not a part of FF. Then again, anyone who doesn't do that for a living who thinks he's got a handle on it, is likely fooling himself.

At any rate, it worked and it was another layer of drama for the finals, which also made it sort of fun.

Just a flawed suggestion to a problem with only flawed solutions.

Most points on the bench. Done and done.

Then that rule would handicapp u for having injuried players.... I had weeks during the regular season and the playoffs where I had 2 or 3 guys on my bench hurt.

It seems real fair that in the event of a tie the best case for me would be to have 2 QB's on my bench and makes sure no is injuried.... Which would be the oppisite reason for the bench. It's there to sit peopel on bad weeks and when they are injuried.

Then that rule would handicapp u for having injuried players.... I had weeks during the regular season and the playoffs where I had 2 or 3 guys on my bench hurt.

It seems real fair that in the event of a tie the best case for me would be to have 2 QB's on my bench and makes sure no is injuried.... Which would be the oppisite reason for the bench. It's there to sit peopel on bad weeks and when they are injuried.

First, I assumed everybody played with decimal places....my bad.

What the heck else are you going to use, passing efficiency, receiving percentage, running back brown nose coach points?

Points on the bench is straight forward and simple. I suppose it depends (as usual) on your individual league rules/makeup. In my situation, IR (of your choosing from week to week) doesn't count toward the total. So, I suppose it comes down to the number of bench spots and IR slots. It forces you to manage your bench as well as your team.

Dumb and dumb; perhaps, but it works for the home league (12 team PPR). The rule is there, but hasn't been used in the last 16 years.

Most points on the bench. Done and done.

One of my leagues has a similar provision that is a bit more fair and was actually implemented this year.

It does not have decimal scoring (only recently did it move away from TD-heavy, these things take time) and the championship game ended in a tie, 77-77.

The league rule is that when you submit your lineup for a playoff game, you also submit a list of four RB/WR/TE that you are NOT starting. MFL supports this feature.

If the game ends in a tie, the first guy on your non-starter list is compared to the first guy on your opponent's non-starter list. Whichever of those two has the most points that week wins the game for his team. If they are tied, the second guy on each list is compared, and so on.

So the team with LaDanian Tomlinson (9 points) as first alternate beat the team with Anthony Dixon (1 point) as first alternate.