[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

house repo question

polksalet

I posted awhile back about my buddy getting divorced. His house is now 5 months behind on mortgage and his wife refuses to make a payment or even call the mortgage company. How long does she have before the thing goes back?

Depends on how quickly the mortgage company decides to foreclose, and the state laws. Here in MD it takes 8-12 months typically. The lender can give notice after 2 missed payments, wait 45 days, file in court, then you wait for the court date. Once the foreclosure happens, there is an auction. It then takes 60 days to ratify the sale. The current homeowner could pay all past due monies and avoid the foreclosure right up until the 59th day. On the 60th day you're evicted. Or so I've heard. :wacko:

There are quite a few factors that go into it, some being: how long the homeowners have been a client of the bank, the size of the bank or and how much they are able to stay in contact with the lender once they know they will begin missing payments. At this point since your friend's wife has not contacted the bank, she should be getting very close to receiving a notification, I wouldn't expect it to go much past the 6 month mark.