[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Pills

nuke'em ttg

Was talkin to an old lady yesterday an she told me when her husband died he was takin 21 pills a day :wacko: she said it took'r 2 hrs. to get 1 week ready for morn,noon,dinner,bedtime.

After seein my Dad die i think they can shove that chemo and radiation up there azs, i'm prepared ta boycott that chit.... ya ya you say that now, just watch, i've got a 95% chance of dyin from pancreatic according to studies. I'm ready for a Captain/coke and hospice morphine over trips to the cancer center :tup:

man i just woke up pissed off :lol:

Was talkin to an old lady yesterday an she told me when her husband died he was takin 21 pills a day :wacko: she said it took'r 2 hrs. to get 1 week ready for morn,noon,dinner,bedtime.

After seein my Dad die i think they can shove that chemo and radiation up there azs, i'm prepared ta boycott that chit.... ya ya you say that now, just watch, i've got a 95% chance of dyin from pancreatic according to studies. I'm ready for a Captain/coke and hospice morphine over trips to the cancer center

I'm very sorry for your loss, but FWIW:

I think/hope you meant you've got a 95% chance of dying IF YOU GET pancreatic cancer, which is not nearly as common as most other commonly known cancers eg breast, lung, prostate etc.

Second, to say "well (whoever) got (chemo/radiation/whatever) and it didn't work so screw it" is faulty and frankly dangerous logic. Diff treatments work to varying rates for varying cancers.

To each their own of course, but given even just a 5-10% chance to live vs zero, I think most would at least try, esp if they aren't already old enough that they didn't figure to live much longer anyway.

As for "going in the wrong direction," no idea how you drew that conclusion. Lord knows there's tons of room for improvement, agreed, but treatments (either to beat it back or to alleviate symptoms) have improved quite over the last few decades.

That all said, the best offense is a good defense ie prevention - which mostly consists of taking care of one's self (eating right, exercise, don't smoke, drink lightly, reduce stress however you can etc).

Watched my Mother die a horrible death after chemo 30 years ago. It sucked the life right out of her and left me thinking that I would no way ever do that. Recently I saw an Aunt go through chemo for the second time and she is full of health now for about the past four years. Both had lung cancer.

I also saw what it did to my buddy Aqualung. At this point I don't know what I would do.

Edited by Skippy

Watched my Mother die a horrible death after chemo 30 years ago. It sucked the life right out of her and left me thinking that I would no way ever do that. Recently I saw an Aunt go through chemo for the second time and she is full of health now for about the past four years. Both had lung cancer.

I also saw what it did to my buddy Aqualung. At this point I don't know what I would do.

makes no sense makin someone sicker to gain 2 months which was my Dads case, he wasn't gonna be cured and at one point asked ta die instead of another blood transfusion.

#1- There seems to be no handbook on dealing with Cancer, i had ta make phone calls and apointments ta drag info out of the Dr. then when we hit the Super Duper Cancer center the Dr's bedside manner was so bad it put me in worse shock. He flat out was an idiot and wanted ta talk about the house he was buildin instead of whats best for Dad.tbimm was the only guy that would tell me what to expect and what was gonna happened and he nailed it.

I don't wanna remember this chit again, I'm happy it can help with some Cancers BUT it seems if you've got a cancer cell that sob is gonna land everywhere. Thank God for Hospice, they were the only ones that understood and explained things. I'm tryin ta be a better person but i'd really like ta give that Cancer Dr. some pain...rant rant.. my wifes friend just died and had the same DR.

What was the question?

oh ya, shove chemo and radiation up yer azs. FIGURE IT OUT BEFORE YA BUILD ANOTHER VACATION HOME YA PRICKS.