[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What bug is this?

SheikYerbuti

Bug.

Every once in a while I see one of these hanging out on a wall in my house. Any idea what it is, and what DEFCON level I should be at?

ETA - My droid takes crappy close ups.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

That is the anal boreing dung beatle. If you happen to sleep naked that thing will come in your house while you are sleeping and gnaw a hole in your anus to gain access to your feces. It will impact itself into the lining of either your lower intestine or anus to more easily extract the fecal matter and to keep itself from being flushed from your system. What is crazy about this animal is that it ahs evolved with a novSPAMne type saliva that it excretes while it is gnawing into your anus and intestines so that you have no pain, also in his saliva is a coagulant so that the wound heals very quickly so you never know he is there. The other fraky part is that they will colonize, up to about ten of them, in one person and you never know that they are there. Some really kinda scary sh!t. But as they are a very symbiotic creature they really cause no harm to the host, so you can live on indefinitely with them in you, it's just kinda freaky.

Diazanon is a good chemical to use in killing them (and just about every other bug within a mile of your home.) Spray this around the foundation of your home and on the exterior walls where you see these little buggers. After spraying do not allow your kids or pets outside for about a week for safety reasons.

Good luck.

I actually know this since I'm taking a Taxonomy class on infectious insects that spread disease. That is from the Phylum Arthropdoa, Class Insecta, Order Hymenoptera, Family Apidae, Genus Apis, Species Restaoilet or, as commonly know, The Icelandic burrowing toilet beetle. They are known to live under the rim of your toilet bowl where they mate and lay their eggs in these very tiny, dangling egg pouches. When the beetles emerge from their eggs they tend to fly around until they find either exposed fruit such as apples on a dinning room table or iRash in fishnets or, if no fruit is available, they will burrow into any wood surface in your home.

If you happen to be using the toilet when they hatch they are known to cause itch butts which is a result of them attempting to burrow into your actual sphincter muscle. Fortunately, they cannot because your body releases certain chemical towards the end of your colon that protect you from infections from the fecal matter that exits your sphincter (for example, if you strain and cause a small tear or you have bleeding hemorrhoids, the bad bacteria will not cause you to become ill. Chargerz would need to speak more on what those are as I have no idea if they are part of your active immune system or some type of chemical your body produces. Either way, they kill the beetles off fairly quickly.

One concern I would like to bring up revolves around how quickly they can spread certain infectious agents such as liver spots, hammer toes and erectile dysfunction. I wouldn't worry too much but definitely call someone to come in and treat your house.

I actually know this since I'm taking a Taxonomy class on infectious insects that spread disease. That is from the Phylum Arthropdoa, Class Insecta, Order Hymenoptera, Family Apidae, Genus Apis, Species Restaoilet or, as commonly know, The Icelandic burrowing toilet beetle. They are known to live under the rim of your toilet bowl where they mate and lay their eggs in these very tiny, dangling egg pouches. When the beetles emerge from their eggs they tend to fly around until they find either exposed fruit such as apples on a dinning room table or iRash in fishnets or, if no fruit is available, they will burrow into any wood surface in your home.

If you happen to be using the toilet when they hatch they are known to cause itch butts which is a result of them attempting to burrow into your actual sphincter muscle. Fortunately, they cannot because your body releases certain chemical towards the end of your colon that protect you from infections from the fecal matter that exits your sphincter (for example, if you strain and cause a small tear or you have bleeding hemorrhoids, the bad bacteria will not cause you to become ill. Chargerz would need to speak more on what those are as I have no idea if they are part of your active immune system or some type of chemical your body produces. Either way, they kill the beetles off fairly quickly.

One concern I would like to bring up revolves around how quickly they can spread certain infectious agents such as liver spots, hammer toes and erectile dysfunction. I wouldn't worry too much but definitely call someone to come in and treat your house.

So basically, when your done doing the poop, Sheikyerbuti.