[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

smallville series finale

tonorator

it took 10 years, but we finally got some flying and the suit!

show was a cheeseball fest and wreaked havoc with canon, but i hung with it anyway because of my love for superman ... and the hotness of lois lane. all in all a good closing and a helluva run. not sure i would have believed you if you told me the thing would go for 10 years.

anybody left still watching?

I watched a show or 3 on TV a few times on a lark way back when and was surprised at how well done I thought it was overall. I liked the fresh angle of following his teen years but in a mostly "adult" way (barfy teen romance stuff notwithstanding) and the thing of he and Lex Luthor being childhood friends - in fact the Lex character was by far the most interesting and well done of the show. Anyway I heard someone at work was a fan and ended up borrowing a number of Seasons - from 1 to I think 6 or 7 - which surprised even me - but by which time it had gotten IMO lame. But despite its flaws (I kept praying for Lois Lane and Chloe to die a horrible death, God what annoying characters), again IMO it was well done and fun to watch. I esp liked that they didn't lean on special effects, his powers etc too much but rather focused on the characters - I think on the whole it was well written. The acting - eh, Lex was great, and the guy who played his father - most of the rest were bearable but only just.

Saw every episode of Seasons 1-9. I'm about 8 episodes behind right now on Season 10, so saving the final 8 for one long weekend in the future when I'm fighting a cold or have nothing to do.

Like most Smallville fans, I've got a serious love/hate relationship with the show - and I'm glad it finally came to a close.