[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help securing a dishwasher

SeductiveNun

So when we bought our house, the dishwasher wasn't secured to the cabinets/countertop. It's a major pain in the neck. The guy who owned this house before us didn't actually live here, so apparently that wasn't something he was worried about. Anyways, here's the situation.

We have granite countertops, and in this case there are no wood inserts that I could drill into for the mounting screws. The brackets on the dishwasher will not come off from the top of the frame so mounting it on the side isn't an option either. Right now, we have a gap of about 1/8 to maybe 1/4 inch from the brackets to the bottom of the counter, so I have to make that difference up either by adjusting the height of the dishwasher or by using a shim.

So what's the best way to secure this to the top of the counter? I'm not too keen on drilling into the granite, although I do have access to a hammer drill if need be. Can I use some epoxy to secure the top instead? Knowing full well that if I do this and need to pull the dishwasher out later it could be a major hassle. Just looking for some help/ideas from the Huddle's Experts. :wacko:

So when we bought our house, the dishwasher wasn't secured to the cabinets/countertop. It's a major pain in the neck. The guy who owned this house before us didn't actually live here, so apparently that wasn't something he was worried about. Anyways, here's the situation.

We have granite countertops, and in this case there are no wood inserts that I could drill into for the mounting screws. The brackets on the dishwasher will not come off from the top of the frame so mounting it on the side isn't an option either. Right now, we have a gap of about 1/8 to maybe 1/4 inch from the brackets to the bottom of the counter, so I have to make that difference up either by adjusting the height of the dishwasher or by using a shim.

So what's the best way to secure this to the top of the counter? I'm not too keen on drilling into the granite, although I do have access to a hammer drill if need be. Can I use some epoxy to secure the top instead? Knowing full well that if I do this and need to pull the dishwasher out later it could be a major hassle. Just looking for some help/ideas from the Huddle's Experts. :wacko:

What if you epoxy a strip of wood to the bottom of the counter then secure the DW into the wooden strip?