[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foreign diplomats' kids getting US citizen status - and diplomatic immunity

BeeR

Not nearly as concerned about the children of foreign diplomats as I am about the children of migrant farm workers, unemployed illegal aliens, illegal aliens crossing the border to give birth on US soil so that their child has US citizenship, etc...

Maybe Yo was correct about me being an elitist prick.

About what am I badly informed?

Have you not read a single post of mine where I have acknowledged the fact that Mexicans are emigrating out of the US? Have I not stated that Most of my MExicans have returned home? Have you heard me once mention in the past few years that there is still an exodus of illegal Mexicans coming into the US? In my post did I once mention that there are currently Mexicans streaming over the border in mass quantities?

My beef is with the ones who are still here, the ones who will not leave and continue to propagate at an alarmingly high rate bringing children into this world that they can not care for and in many cases will not raise properly. There are many illegals still here, because the line isn't as long to get in still does not mean that there is not a real and persistent problem with illegal immigration. Not only is this from Mexico, mind you (you seem to take a very narrow approach when viewing illegal immigration), there is also a great deal of illegal immigration from Central America, South America, Southeast Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe. Whatever their origin we need to fix citizenship and immigration laws as to where these people, and their whelps, can not engage in the same rights as a US citizen.

Now, do I still believe we need to target our southern border, fortifying it against future migrations, absolutely. Not only to curtail the flow of illegal Mexicans, but to ebb the flow of illegals of other nationalities that exploit this porous border in order to establish a shadowy residency in the US.

:tup: How many people does this truly effect? 5 births a year? tops?

" :lol: " is right. Do you have any idea how many foreign diplomats there are to the U.S.? What you think all of them are celebate/childless?

But does even a small number make it OK? Can you not see the danger/stupidity of such a loophole?

About what am I badly informed?

Have you not read a single post of mine where I have acknowledged the fact that Mexicans are emigrating out of the US? Have I not stated that Most of my MExicans have returned home? Have you heard me once mention in the past few years that there is still an exodus of illegal Mexicans coming into the US? In my post did I once mention that there are currently Mexicans streaming over the border in mass quantities?

My beef is with the ones who are still here, the ones who will not leave and continue to propagate at an alarmingly high rate bringing children into this world that they can not care for and in many cases will not raise properly. There are many illegals still here, because the line isn't as long to get in still does not mean that there is not a real and persistent problem with illegal immigration. Not only is this from Mexico, mind you (you seem to take a very narrow approach when viewing illegal immigration), there is also a great deal of illegal immigration from Central America, South America, Southeast Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe. Whatever their origin we need to fix citizenship and immigration laws as to where these people, and their whelps, can not engage in the same rights as a US citizen.

Now, do I still believe we need to target our southern border, fortifying it against future migrations, absolutely. Not only to curtail the flow of illegal Mexicans, but to ebb the flow of illegals of other nationalities that exploit this porous border in order to establish a shadowy residency in the US.

racist.

:wacko:

But does even a small number make it OK? Can you not see the danger/stupidity of such a loophole?

Yes, I can see the potential for danger. I'm worried as hell that a diplomat's 8 year-old might go on a murder-rampage and then claim diplomatic immunity to avoid prosecution.

Edit: And to be honest, I'm not that worried anyway because any child of a foreign diplomat who is eligible for diplomatic immunity does NOT receive citizenship at birth. Any attempt by the family to acquire citizenship for the child under Jus soli would be fraudulent and hence if such citizenship were mistakenly awarded, it should be able to be revoked.

Edited by wiegie