[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Firearm optics-Gun enthusiasts only

SuperBalla

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this bad boy . I'm curious about optics some of you gun enthusiasts here use, enjoy, or know of is the best, etc. That is a semi-auto .308 designed for long range shooting, it has a nice rest, and is compatible with any optics. I have used Night Force scopes and leupold, but never a Bushnell or Red Field. Any feedback there? We'll use it for white tail deer hunting and varmit shots.

For your amusement...check out these OMG . Barret is known for being the best. Check out those prices...yowzers!

If you're spending that much money on an AR-10 then I would go with Eotech. Go over to AR15.com. Good forum.

This. But that's a lot of dough just for killing deer. Come to Missouri. I've gottem so thick you'll just need a hammer and jump out of a tree on one.

Trijicon's 6x48 308 ACOG

I forgot about this one, it also comes highly recommended on AR15.com. I sold mine 5 years ago so it's been a while. I keep up, but not like I used to. The last one I had was a Rock River A2 lower with 20" chrome-lined HBAR (heavy barrel) flat-top upper. I put an acog BUIS (back-up iron sight) on it with the Eotech red-dot (no night-vision or magnification - my eyes are still real good even at almost 39). Also, find MIL-SPEC mags ONLY. Cheap mags will cause you misfeeds and nothing is more aggravating with a 20-round mag than to have to "tap-rack-bang" or clear a stovepipe every 3 rounds because the follower or mag lip isn't shaped right. With the AR-15 (.223/5.56 Nato) you can tell mil-spec mags because they have stamped aluminum bodies with pale-green plastic followers. I'm sure there's something similar for AR-10 (.308win/7.62 Nato) and the guys at AR15.com will be all over it.

I forgot about this one, it also comes highly recommended on AR15.com. I sold mine 5 years ago so it's been a while. I keep up, but not like I used to. The last one I had was a Rock River A2 lower with 20" chrome-lined HBAR (heavy barrel) flat-top upper. I put an acog BUIS (back-up iron sight) on it with the Eotech red-dot (no night-vision or magnification - my eyes are still real good even at almost 39). Also, find MIL-SPEC mags ONLY. Cheap mags will cause you misfeeds and nothing is more aggravating with a 20-round mag than to have to "tap-rack-bang" or clear a stovepipe every 3 rounds because the follower or mag lip isn't shaped right. With the AR-15 (.223/5.56 Nato) you can tell mil-spec mags because they have stamped aluminum bodies with pale-green plastic followers. I'm sure there's something similar for AR-10 (.308win/7.62 Nato) and the guys at AR15.com will be all over it.

I'm using PMAGs with my AR15s. They're awesome.