[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Hightower

Chloroform Rx

Looks like he is going to be starting in Washington. I know a lot of people were fairly high on Roy Helu, and there is still the prospect of the injury prone Ryan Torain getting some work, but it looks like Hightower will be getting the bulk of the carries. He's a great pass-catcher, has done well in goal line situations, and has never missed a game. The worst part is obviously the terrible QB situation. Does anyone see him have a good year, especially in PPR leagues?

I could see Hightower getting the starting position, and Torrain not being on the opening day roster (stay with me for a second). The way Hightower looked the other night he's a lock for the spot. That leaves two spots left at running back. Roy Helu will make the team. He has speed (which none of the other 4 do) which will work well for 3rd down work. I really like the kid Royster from Penn St. He is an all around work horse that can do it all well. Torrain is injury prone, so even if he does see the field it may not be for very long. It seems Shannahan is getting away from injury prone players and going younger and planning for the future. Torrain is NOT a back of the future for the Redskins. While my football buddies and I were watching the game the other night, we got into a huge debate over Torrain. I don't have any inside news, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Torrain get cut. Fantasy value: let someone else take Torrain. Take a flyer on Hightower in round 7 or 8

Hightower and Grossman both looked good in the skins 1st preseason game. Washington has 4 viable backs in Hightower, Torian, Helu, and Royster. I would expect Shanahan to use all of those backs. Hightower could put up good numbers, but Shanahan's system of rotating backs will cut into that. Best fantasy player on the skins this year should be Santana Moss.