[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woot - a shout out that I almost missed

cliaz

:wacko:

6. Andre Johnson caught 7 passes for 93 yards and 1 TD in the 23-13 win over Miami. Ben Tate carried 23 times for 103 yards. Owens Daniels caught 3 passes for 25 yards and 1 TD.

Johnson is as prolific as they come, but as cliaz points out on the Forums, he’s also consistent. 11 targets, 7 catches, 95 yards, 1 TD in Week 1; 9 targets, 7 catches, 93 yards, 1 TD in Week 2. The key is the targets, people. Over the last 10 games going backwards his target count is 9, 11, 12, 14, 9, 11, 9, 11, 7, 10, 13, 13. Again no matter what the score, weather, or situation. Those 11 targets in Week 1 occurred in an absolute whitewashing of the Colts when the Texans didn’t need to throw at all. Tate is the starter at New Orleans this week. Foster aggravated his hammy (I warned you on 8/28 that Foster would not be ready until Week 3, they rushed him back too soon) and I bet we don’t see him again until Week 6. Derrick Ward (ankle) probably won’t play this week per John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. Owen Daniels is reclaiming his TE1 status and we noticed this last December when he finally shook off the knee (and associated hamstring) problems and got rolling. Last year from Weeks 14-16 he quietly caught 17 passes for 209 yards and 1 TD. I think he’s on the verge of a mini-breakout again.

I was having a bad day until I read that - awesome, thanks!