[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 6 - Survivor/Suicide picks

Zooty

Oak or jets who I am going with.

I know miami is coming off a bye, but they have a new QB and the jets should be hungry

I already used the Jets when they destroyed Jacksonville at home in week 2. Going with Pittsburgh this week. One of my unwritten rules of conduct in suicide pools is to never pick division games. I also don't like picking teams that have a QB change because, in all honesty, we have no idea what to expect. Matt Moore might be an upgrade over Henne. Oakland is a better pick IMO if you already used the Steelers. At home against a beatable Cleveland team with no real playmakers on offense (Hillis doesn't count). Oakland will run the ball at will and win by double digits... They are a good team that doesn't get respect.

I have been going with my gut this whole year and it has paid off. Used the Cardinals in week 1 and got lucky... I thought Newton would be a liability and didn't see Carolina competitive in a road game. I also took Carolina against Jacksonville and got lucky there... Didn't realize the rain would be so severe. Last week I took Minnesota because I had a feeling they would shut down the Cardinals and that was a good call. This week, my gut is telling me that the Ravens will win big at home over Houston. Getting bad vibes from Houston with Mario Williams done and Andre Johnson out plus Baltimore is coming off the bye and has had two weeks to prepare. I just don't think Houston has a chance in that game. However, I am going with Pittsburgh if only because I have equal faith in Blaine Gabbert not being able to get it done in Pittsburgh and I'd rather save Baltimore for later.

I ended up taking Oakland instead of Pittsburgh, in part because Pittsburgh just seems kinda off this year. Looks like that game was a lot closer than the Oakland game, though the Browns did score at the end to make it look close. Got one guy who picked the Jets, but looks like if they win, the three of us who were left going into this week will all still be there.