[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are your worst decisions this year?

gbpackersfan

Drafting AJ, McFadden, Miles Austin, Mike Williams (TBB), Finley, Kolb and Addai. What I thought was a shoe-in for the fantasy playoffs has turned into the worst season I've ever had in fantasy football. 2 weeks in a row I blow everyone out of the water, the rest of the year has been abysmal. Stafford has turned out to be my only shining spot. Beware Lions fans. :wacko:

Our FFPC team drafted MJD (decent), followed by Nicks, Austin, Mike Williams, Romo and Dallas Clark. We walked out of there very confident about our team, particularly our stellar class of WRs, which also included Jordy Nelson. So after drafting three WRs widely considered to be in the top 10, currently our best one is ranked 14th among WRs: Jordy Nelson.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Trading DeMarco Murray for VJax: I thought that this was a steal, but I have gotten exactly one studly week out of VJax so far.

2. Trading Fred Jackson for Tom Brady: I thought I would sell high after 4 weeks, but FJax continues to shine, and now I am reduced to wondering if Brady should be my backup QB.

I'm starting to think a few trades I made may have been bad decisions. Since I started 5-0, I was already thinking playoffs and dealt from running back strength (formerly Forte, McFadden, Sproles, Bradshaw - starting two every week) to bump up my woeful WR situation (only consistent guy was Andre Johnson). Ended up moving Sproles and Bradshaw in deals that got me back Roddy White and Brandon Marshall.

But then McFadden got hurt, we know what's happening with AJ, and I'm suddenly 6-3. Still well in the thick of things for a playoff spot, but I'm getting nervous. In a 12 team league, I'm hoping to have a healthy lineup as follows down the stretch and into the playoffs:

Vick

Forte

McFadden

AJ

White

Marshall

Witten

I'm still optimistic, but definitely having doubts that this crew will ever see the light of day, and even if they do, perform at a high level.

Use projections as a guide. Pick your own team. If you aren't moving players up and down the ranking list based on your personal preference and feelings, you are missing the boat.

Projections are just opinions. I used the same rankings you did and am killing it this year. Rodgers, Forte, Witten, Calvin, McCoy, Marshall, etc. Having been using the Huddle's projections for many years, I have gotten a feel for what players or type of players may be overvalued (in my opinion) by the staff here.

If you don't sprinkle your own opinions in to the rankings, you may as well use auto-draft. What fun is that?

And, BTW, blaming a site for your bad season is pretty lame. Just sayin.......

+1

Huddle projections have been kind to me. They are a pretty good guide. Generally, when the Huddle projection diverges from the mass media (i.e. ESPN) projection, the Huddle projection works out better.

Austin and Wayne are killing me as my WR1 and WR2 (3rd and 4th rounds, respectively) and I was foolish to draft Bradford over Stafford (fearing the shoulder). I also took Olsen over Graham because I had Daniels and wanted bye week coverage :wacko: . Over thinking things is usually my downfall. Over-weighting matchups, trying to plan too far down the road, valuing talent over opportunity - these are my usual missteps.

I'm starting to think a few trades I made may have been bad decisions. Since I started 5-0, I was already thinking playoffs and dealt from running back strength (formerly Forte, McFadden, Sproles, Bradshaw - starting two every week) to bump up my woeful WR situation (only consistent guy was Andre Johnson). Ended up moving Sproles and Bradshaw in deals that got me back Roddy White and Brandon Marshall.

But then McFadden got hurt, we know what's happening with AJ, and I'm suddenly 6-3. Still well in the thick of things for a playoff spot, but I'm getting nervous. In a 12 team league, I'm hoping to have a healthy lineup as follows down the stretch and into the playoffs:

Vick

Forte

McFadden

AJ

White

Marshall

Witten

I'm still optimistic, but definitely having doubts that this crew will ever see the light of day, and even if they do, perform at a high level.

Im curious how you ended up with Vick, McFadden, Forte, Bradshaw, Andre Johnson and Witten in a 12 team draft. 4 of them are 1st round picks, and its not like Bradshaw and Witten are duds either.

Im curious how you ended up with Vick, McFadden, Forte, Bradshaw, Andre Johnson and Witten in a 12 team draft. 4 of them are 1st round picks, and its not like Bradshaw and Witten are duds either.

Consider this as well...I drafted out of the 12th spot.

The league I play in is a touch odd, as running backs aren't as highly valued as in most leagues. There are decent bonuses for QBs and WRs on yardage (and length of touchdowns), and the threshold for a points bonus on RBs is a bit higher.

I'll say though, I was ecstatic to get to my 3.12 position and see both Forte and McFadden there. I'd already picked AJ and Vick with my 1.12 and 2.01. Even crazier, I got Ahmad Bradshaw with my 5.12 pick and picked up Sproles in the 11th round to round out my four backs.

The downside though, is I picked a whole lot of very sub-average WRs (Davone Bess, Mike Thomas, Antonio Brown) later in the draft as it was thinned out at that point. And I've been chasing my tail trying to upgrade since.

Consider this as well...I drafted out of the 12th spot.

The league I play in is a touch odd, as running backs aren't as highly valued as in most leagues. There are decent bonuses for QBs and WRs on yardage (and length of touchdowns), and the threshold for a points bonus on RBs is a bit higher.

I'll say though, I was ecstatic to get to my 3.12 position and see both Forte and McFadden there. I'd already picked AJ and Vick with my 1.12 and 2.01. Even crazier, I got Ahmad Bradshaw with my 5.12 pick and picked up Sproles in the 11th round to round out my four backs.

The downside though, is I picked a whole lot of very sub-average WRs (Davone Bess, Mike Thomas, Antonio Brown) later in the draft as it was thinned out at that point. And I've been chasing my tail trying to upgrade since.

:wacko:

What kind of league has Forte and McFadden available 36 picks in..?

Edited by gbpackersfan