[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Casting the Runes

I have a tough choice this week with my D/ST. I grabbed the Jags D last week and played them over my Giants D. This week i'm faced with the same question. Jags are playing the Browns who haven't mounted much offense all year and the Giants are play a banged up, mess up Philly. which one is the better play?

If depends on what your scoring is like. It's hard to give you solid advice since I don't know your system, but I'll give you the writeups and how I feel the defensive units will do as a whole and you can translate that to your scoring.

Cleveland is an all-around bland team. What I mean by that is they're not going to come out and beat a team convingcingly, they're not going to take big gambles down the field, and they play a more conservative offense. Hardesty might return, but overall that doesn't add all that much to the overall picture.

Brown's Offense

184 yards passing and 1 TD

80 yard rushing

2 field goals

1 interceptions

Gives up 1 sack

New York hosts a beaten, battered, and confused Eagles team. There's no telling how many Eagles might oversleep and miss the game (joking! :wacko: ) but one person that may is Michael Vick. I was originally thinking I was going to post two sets of stats, one with Vick and one with Young or Kafka, but I think they will be about the same. If Vick plays he'll be in some pain, and one or two shots to the ribs will even the playing field foir him and his backups.

Eagles Offense

282 yards passing and 2 TDs

147 yards rushing and 1 TD

1 field goal

2 interceptions

Gives up 4 sacks

I hope that helps!

Edited by ChiefsFanInFlorida

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It finally dawned on me last week that I needed to start both Arian Foster and Ben Tate (league can start up to 4 backs) and it paid off nicely. Of course, now they're on the bye and Gore is a somewhat iffy prospect. Mind you, the last time I sat him because he was supposedly nursing a bum wheel, he had his first good game of the year.

I could easily see both Gore and Hunter putting up reasonable numbers this week. Either that or one puts up great numbers and the other doesn't do much. Either way, given the byes, I could do worse?

So what do you say, start both Gore and Hunter this week?! Thanks in advance Runey! Man, I wish you had you're own sight, this is wicked awesome what your doing for us in here.

Loving the thread. 12 team league, ESPN standard scoring

I'm in need of a decent RB2 heading into the playoff push. I've been trying to deal Ballard and Manningham in a 2 for 1 deal and I've exhausted that option.

I'm now looking to deal Greg Jennings in a straight up deal. Looking at the other rosters in my league, it looks like either CJ2K or Reggie Bush are options I can target, I currently have a long shot out on a Jennings for MJD. Do you think this would be a smart move dealing Jennings for the likes of CJ2K or R. Bush?

Other WR's on my roster (for reference)

Colston

AJ Green

Manningham

Second question, my current RB2's (sigh) are Battle and Helu. I don't like either option, but in your opinion, who's the better play? I worry that because it's Dallas, Tashard Choice may get some playing time, and of course... it's Shanahan.

Cast those runes.

Thanks in advance

MDC

First off I think you're WAY undervaluing Greg Jennings. Bush and Johnson are two running backs who have given very small sample sizes to judge them and Jennings has been solid all year long. Looking at your roster Jennings is clearly your best option and a must-start in any matchup. When looking to trade him I would seek someone who's the same no-brainer play. I understand you have a struggling backfield right now, but that doesn't mean Jennings is worth any less.

Chris Johnson has put up a decent and monster game in his last two outings... but decent showings aren't worthy of Jenning's numbers and the monster game came at the hands of the worst rush defense in the league. Had that been the Chris Johnson of old he would have shredded that team for 200 yards by halftime. Even with the rush-friendly schedule ahead I wouldn't rank CJ2k higher than a good, not solid, RB2. I think he'll have one or two more 100-yard games and then you'll be seeing a lot of 60 yard efforts.

Reggie Bush is playing like a man possessed, but he's doing it at the hands of some very bad run defenses (KC and the Giants) and had one game of respectable numbers when he managed two TDs (WAS). Make no mistake, however, Miami is playing WAY above their heads right now. Bush is another one who is an illusion of his matchups and with Oakland, Dallas, and Buffalo twice still on the schedule, and some games where they will be playing from behind his ceiling is about to cave in. At best you're looking at a Low-end RB2, high-end RB3 for the rest of the year.

The Jones-Drew deal is the best of the 3 you mentioned, and while I still think it's a trade favoring the other owner I can definitely see why you need to do it with your backfield. If this is the best you can do then go for it, but don't give any more for MJD. Also you could try Colston or AJ instead to get Johnson or Bush. Either of those would be more fair.

And onto your running back situation...

Let me tell you a little story... earlier in the year I owned Hightower, Torain, and Helu all at the same time. I struggled with which one would start, plugged in who everyone thought would be the best, and week after week Shanahan's Shananigans killed me. Even when Hightower went out and I was so sure Torain was the man it backfired on me. Shortly thereafter I dropped Hightower and Helu, traded away Torain for scraps, and wiped my hands of the whole situation.

This week I had a chance to get in the bidding on Helu and passed. Some of the owners were curious and I simply told them they hadn't had the 'priveledge' of owning a Shanahan back and that I wished them luck. The owner that won Helu paid a king's ransom for him and started him... and was rewarded with an 8. (In our league the average score of the 32 highest backs is 16, so WAY short of the bar).

The lesson here is stay away from any Redskins back, and quarterback now for that matter, because I'm either not smart enough or not dumb enough to understand why Shanahan does what he does. Considering Washington's record though I'm leaning toward the latter. Helu is CLEARLY the most talented back in the backfield right now... which is exactly why you can't start him. Confusing, I know. Welcome to Shananigans.

Even with a new QB and an uncertain future for the Chiefs I would stick with Battle. He may not get all the carries he should, but you're always guarenteed around 10 and, when the Chiefs start returning to the redzone, he'll get his share of the touches.

Which D/ST do I start this week?

Jax vs Browns

or

Pats vs Chiefs

Here is my scoring

Each Sack (SK) 1

Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6

Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6

Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6

Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6

Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6

Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2

Each Interception (INT) 2

Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2

Each Safety (SF) 2

0 points allowed (PA0) 5

1-6 points allowed (PA1) 4

7-13 points allowed (PA7) 3

14-17 points allowed (PA14) 1

28-34 points allowed (PA28) -1

35-45 points allowed (PA35) -3

46+ points allowed (PA46) -5

Less than 100 total yards allowed (YA100) 5

100-199 total yards allowed (YA199) 3

200-299 total yards allowed (YA299) 2

350-399 total yards allowed (YA399) -1

400-449 total yards allowed (YA449) -3

450-499 total yards allowed (YA499) -5

500-549 total yards allowed (YA549) -6

550+ total yards allowed (YA550) -7

So, let me start by saying I've taken into consideration your user name and mine, and the fact you're making me detail just how horrible my team will be this Monday night, and I will say I don't like you. :wacko: I kid!

My Cleveland writeup was a little earlier in the thread, here it is again if you missed it:

Cleveland is an all-around bland team. What I mean by that is they're not going to come out and beat a team convingcingly, they're not going to take big gambles down the field, and they play a more conservative offense. Hardesty might return, but overall that doesn't add all that much to the overall picture.

Brown's Offense

80 yard rushing

2 field goals

1 interceptions

Gives up 1 sack

Your league score:
6 points

Kansas City travels to New England to battle the Patriots and I, for one, am already cringing at the results. The loss of Cassel, while good in the long run for the Chiefs, couldn't have come at a worse time... (although I guess the week before the Green Bay game would have been a little worse.) The one slim hope I had about the Chiefs going to Foxboro was that Cassel knew the players and hopefully remembered some of their tendencies and could make better reads during the game. Instead we have 'Footsteps' Palko (a reference to 'The Replacements'. a good movie if you haven't seen it) who is noted for his mobility and... lack of arm strength.

New England's secondary is one of the worst in the NFL and you'd think with two monster receivers in Baldwin and Bowe that Palko could take advantage of that, but that won't be the case. Look for Breaston and McCluster to lead the passing game in targets as Palko will look to check down early and often. Without Charles the Chiefs' running game will struggle to get anything going and without Berry the secondary is going to have more than they can handle.

Chief's Offense

210 yards passing and 1 TD (mostly garbage time stats)

60 yard rushing

1 field goal

3 interceptions

1 fumble

Gives up 3 sacks

Your league score:
16 points

Start the Patriots and enjoy them slowly and painfully dismantling my team....

Love this thread!

Who is a better play at flex this week, Laurent Robinson vs the skins or Kendal Hunter vs the Cards , I've read several reports that Gore will be limited...1 PPR

Also better DST this week, Browns vs the Jags, or Lions vs the Panthers

Thanks in advance

Brown's Offense

80 yard rushing

2 field goals

1 interceptions

Gives up 1 sack

Eagles Offense

282 yards passing and 2 TDs

147 yards rushing and 1 TD

1 field goal

2 interceptions

Gives up 4 sacks

I hope that helps!

Sorry forgot about the scoring system. From your evaluation it should look something like this.

+7 for NYG D/ST

+7 Jags D/ST

I don't know if you've made my decision easiler or tougher as they both by your calculation should be even steven.

Scoring system

Each Sack (SK) 1

Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6

Each Safety (SF) 2

0 points allowed (PA0) 10

1-6 points allowed (PA1) 7

7-13 points allowed (PA7) 4

22-27 points allowed (PA22) -1

28-34 points allowed (PA28) -4

35-45 points allowed (PA35) -7

46+ points allowed (PA46) -10

First off I think you're WAY undervaluing Greg Jennings. Bush and Johnson are two running backs who have given very small sample sizes to judge them and Jennings has been solid all year long. Looking at your roster Jennings is clearly your best option and a must-start in any matchup. When looking to trade him I would seek someone who's the same no-brainer play. I understand you have a struggling backfield right now, but that doesn't mean Jennings is worth any less.

Chris Johnson has put up a decent and monster game in his last two outings... but decent showings aren't worthy of Jenning's numbers and the monster game came at the hands of the worst rush defense in the league. Had that been the Chris Johnson of old he would have shredded that team for 200 yards by halftime. Even with the rush-friendly schedule ahead I wouldn't rank CJ2k higher than a good, not solid, RB2. I think he'll have one or two more 100-yard games and then you'll be seeing a lot of 60 yard efforts.

Reggie Bush is playing like a man possessed, but he's doing it at the hands of some very bad run defenses (KC and the Giants) and had one game of respectable numbers when he managed two TDs (WAS). Make no mistake, however, Miami is playing WAY above their heads right now. Bush is another one who is an illusion of his matchups and with Oakland, Dallas, and Buffalo twice still on the schedule, and some games where they will be playing from behind his ceiling is about to cave in. At best you're looking at a Low-end RB2, high-end RB3 for the rest of the year.

The Jones-Drew deal is the best of the 3 you mentioned, and while I still think it's a trade favoring the other owner I can definitely see why you need to do it with your backfield. If this is the best you can do then go for it, but don't give any more for MJD. Also you could try Colston or AJ instead to get Johnson or Bush. Either of those would be more fair.

And onto your running back situation...

Let me tell you a little story... earlier in the year I owned Hightower, Torain, and Helu all at the same time. I struggled with which one would start, plugged in who everyone thought would be the best, and week after week Shanahan's Shananigans killed me. Even when Hightower went out and I was so sure Torain was the man it backfired on me. Shortly thereafter I dropped Hightower and Helu, traded away Torain for scraps, and wiped my hands of the whole situation.

This week I had a chance to get in the bidding on Helu and passed. Some of the owners were curious and I simply told them they hadn't had the 'priveledge' of owning a Shanahan back and that I wished them luck. The owner that won Helu paid a king's ransom for him and started him... and was rewarded with an 8. (In our league the average score of the 32 highest backs is 16, so WAY short of the bar).

The lesson here is stay away from any Redskins back, and quarterback now for that matter, because I'm either not smart enough or not dumb enough to understand why Shanahan does what he does. Considering Washington's record though I'm leaning toward the latter. Helu is CLEARLY the most talented back in the backfield right now... which is exactly why you can't start him. Confusing, I know. Welcome to Shananigans.

Even with a new QB and an uncertain future for the Chiefs I would stick with Battle. He may not get all the carries he should, but you're always guarenteed around 10 and, when the Chiefs start returning to the redzone, he'll get his share of the touches.

Thanks for the detailed response, love it. After Monday's Vikes performance, maybe I should get ahead of the curve and just start rooting for the Chiefs now. You should convince TheHuddle to podcast "Casting the Runes" - I'd download for sure.

Sorry forgot about the scoring system. From your evaluation it should look something like this.

+7 for NYG D/ST

+7 Jags D/ST

I don't know if you've made my decision easiler or tougher as they both by your calculation should be even steven.

Scoring system

Each Sack (SK) 1

Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6

Each Safety (SF) 2

0 points allowed (PA0) 10

1-6 points allowed (PA1) 7

7-13 points allowed (PA7) 4

22-27 points allowed (PA22) -1

28-34 points allowed (PA28) -4

35-45 points allowed (PA35) -7

46+ points allowed (PA46) -10

If the scoring is even I'd edge toward the better defensive team, which is the Giants.

Who would you play in a flex spot this week? It's a non-ppr league.

D. Bowe at NE

K. Hunter ARZ

L. Robinson at WSH

Dwayne Bowe is a unique talent, but he also has occasional games where he disappears. Many outlets are saying how Bowe is going to be key and how Palko and he 'should' have good chemistry, but I'm not buying it. Very little of what I've seen from Palko lends itself to me thinking a deep ball receiver will have a lot of success. Now Bowe also runs across the middle, so I don't think his value is majorly hurt, but I don't believe he'll put up numbers as eye-popping as you would expect. As much as I dislike Cassel he could occasionally throw it deep when he needed to.

Prediction: 6 catches for 73 yards and 0 TDs

If you've been reading this thread from the beginning (way back a whole week, haha) you'll know I have a very high opinion of Kendall Hunter. He reminds me of a smaller version of Frank Gore and I really don't think the offense misses much at all when he's in there, and when Gore is slowed with his inevitable injuries like he is now he's definitely an upgrade. Unfortunately Gore is tough and constantly pushes himself. Sometimes he'll shake off the injury and do well and other times the wheels come off and he has a week like last week. I see a combination of factors at work this week that will limit Gore. I think the 49ers will go up quickly on the Cardinals and that even if his knee and ankle hold up he'll still be pulled before the 3rd quarter. Look for Kendall to continue to shine in his limited time.

Prediction: 8 carries for 48 yards and 1 TD, 2 catches for 23 yards

Laurent Robinson is generating as much praise as any waiver wire gem that I can remember, and rightfully so. He was doing an outstanding job in his role even with Austin there and now that Austin has left the door open for him, Laurent has ran through it. The Washington team is a mess and I can see this quickly turning into a route. I know people say teams always play harder when it's a divisional game, but the Redskins don't only have to battle the Cowboys, but their own coach who seems to delight in flipping things around for no apparent reason. (Torain over Helu, reall?) I have no doubt Robinson will be effective when called upon, I'm just wondering how soon it'll be before the Cowboys coaching staff calls off the dogs.

Prediction: 6 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD

I would roll with Laurent Robinson

I am strongly considering benching Philip Rivers this week considering his banged up OL and his match-up against a tough Bears defense. Here is what is currently on waivers:

Ryan Fitzpatrick @Miami

Alex Smith vs. Arizona

Jay Cutler vs. San Diego

Joe Flacco vs CIN

Would you suggest starting any of these guys over Rivers? And if multiple options, which do you recommend for the start? Thanks.

It finally dawned on me last week that I needed to start both Arian Foster and Ben Tate (league can start up to 4 backs) and it paid off nicely. Of course, now they're on the bye and Gore is a somewhat iffy prospect. Mind you, the last time I sat him because he was supposedly nursing a bum wheel, he had his first good game of the year.

I could easily see both Gore and Hunter putting up reasonable numbers this week. Either that or one puts up great numbers and the other doesn't do much. Either way, given the byes, I could do worse?

So what do you say, start both Gore and Hunter this week?! Thanks in advance Runey! Man, I wish you had you're own sight, this is wicked awesome what your doing for us in here.

Well, you're not giving me much to work with here. What kind of scoring system we talking? Who are your other options at RB?

If you read my last post about Hunter you'll see I project somewhat decent numbers for him. I see Gore getting just about the same yardage and a few more catches, but no touchdown.

If you tell me your other options I could give you better advice,,

Love this thread!

Who is a better play at flex this week, Laurent Robinson vs the skins or Kendal Hunter vs the Cards , I've read several reports that Gore will be limited...1 PPR

Also better DST this week, Browns vs the Jags, or Lions vs the Panthers

Thanks in advance

Thank you, I'm glad you're liking the thread!

Kendall Hunter reminds me of a smaller version of Frank Gore and I really don't think the offense misses much at all when he's in there, and when Gore is slowed with his inevitable injuries like he is now he's definitely an upgrade. Unfortunately Gore is tough and constantly pushes himself. Sometimes he'll shake off the injury and do well and other times the wheels come off and he has a week like last week. I see a combination of factors at work this week that will limit Gore. I think the 49ers will go up quickly on the Cardinals and that even if his knee and ankle hold up he'll still be pulled before the 3rd quarter. Look for Kendall to continue to shine in his limited time.

Laurent Robinson is generating as much praise as any waiver wire gem that I can remember, and rightfully so. He was doing an outstanding job in his role even with Austin there and now that Austin has left the door open for him, Laurent has ran through it. The Washington team is a mess and I can see this quickly turning into a route. I know people say teams always play harder when it's a divisional game, but the Redskins don't only have to battle the Cowboys, but their own coach who seems to delight in flipping things around for no apparent reason. (Torain over Helu, reall?) I have no doubt Robinson will be effective when called upon, I'm just wondering how soon it'll be before the Cowboys coaching staff calls off the dogs.

Prediction: 6 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD

I would stick with Robinson for this week, but it's close.

As for the defenses...

Jacksonville draws the Browns this week and should have limited opportunities to make a difference. Cleveland is an all-around bland team. What I mean by that is they're not going to come out and beat a team convingcingly, they're not going to take big gambles down the field, and they play a more conservative offense. Hardesty might return, but overall that doesn't add all that much to the overall picture.

Brown's Offense

80 yard rushing

2 field goals

1 interceptions

Gives up 1 sack

Detriot has one of the best defenses, fantasy or otherwise. Their huge front four have shut down some big named backs and been nightmares for quarterbacks around the league. They do have a weakness, however; their secondary can be exploited. Where they usually excel is disrupting opposing QBs and causing bad decisions. I don't see anything to indicate that Carolina's line will be able to completely hold off Detroit's rush, but Cam does have the luxuary of being very mobile and throwing on the run. Detroit has given up over 300 yards passing in 7 of their 9 games this season. So, with that said:

Panther's Offense

340 yards passing and 3 touchdowns

89 yard rushing

2 field goals

1 interception

Gives up 2 sacks

I'm not sure what your scoring is, so you'll have to take a look at the stats and pick whichever fits best in your system.

I am strongly considering benching Philip Rivers this week considering his banged up OL and his match-up against a tough Bears defense. Here is what is currently on waivers:

Ryan Fitzpatrick @Miami

Alex Smith vs. Arizona

Jay Cutler vs. San Diego

Joe Flacco vs CIN

Would you suggest starting any of these guys over Rivers? And if multiple options, which do you recommend for the start? Thanks.

I wouldn't be so quick to bench Phillip Rivers. Chicago's defense isn't the stalwart group they once were. The've only held two teams under 300 yards this year (Tampa and Minnesota) and they given up more than 380 yards in 6 of their 9 games. Their sack total is pretty reliable, but their interception ratio is throw way off by two 4-INT games. Chicago can be thrown on and Rivers and the Bolts are in a battle for first in their division. While I don't think the Chargers walk away with a win here I do see it being a high scoring affair, especially fantasy-wise.

Prediction: 24 completions for 290 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception.

Jay Cutler is not nearly getting the respect he deserves. On the other side of the ball the Chargers defense hasn't been stepping up to the plate like most thought it would. I don't see this week being any different, especially with Shaun Philips out again, and I look for Cutler, Bennett, and Forte to keep this defense guessing all day long. Expect a solid outing from Cutler as he begins an impressive run over the next few weeks.

Prediction: 29 completions for 255 yards, 2 touchdowns.

Of the others I don't trust Alex Smith enough yet to be a starter, I don't see Flacco righting the offense just yet, and even with an easy matchup I'm hesistant to expect anything good out of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I would roll with Phillip Rivers or Jay Cutler. I think Rivers is a little more solid... but something in my gut is really telling me Cutler may be on the verge of a big breakout. Either way you go I don't think you can go wrong.

i have lmccoy, fredjackson, hnicks, ssmith, and dmoore as starters in a 1 point ppr. do you see any reason to bump any of these for khunter or even dnelson with sjohnson looking like he might not play? also who do you like this week mstafford or cpalmer?

Edited by deadrabbits

So, let me start by saying I've taken into consideration your user name and mine, and the fact you're making me detail just how horrible my team will be this Monday night, and I will say I don't like you. :tup: I kid!

My Cleveland writeup was a little earlier in the thread, here it is again if you missed it:

Brown's Offense

80 yard rushing

2 field goals

1 interceptions

Gives up 1 sack

Your league score:
6 points

Kansas City travels to New England to battle the Patriots and I, for one, am already cringing at the results. The loss of Cassel, while good in the long run for the Chiefs, couldn't have come at a worse time... (although I guess the week before the Green Bay game would have been a little worse.) The one slim hope I had about the Chiefs going to Foxboro was that Cassel knew the players and hopefully remembered some of their tendencies and could make better reads during the game. Instead we have 'Footsteps' Palko (a reference to 'The Replacements'. a good movie if you haven't seen it) who is noted for his mobility and... lack of arm strength.

New England's secondary is one of the worst in the NFL and you'd think with two monster receivers in Baldwin and Bowe that Palko could take advantage of that, but that won't be the case. Look for Breaston and McCluster to lead the passing game in targets as Palko will look to check down early and often. Without Charles the Chiefs' running game will struggle to get anything going and without Berry the secondary is going to have more than they can handle.

Chief's Offense

210 yards passing and 1 TD (mostly garbage time stats)

60 yard rushing

1 field goal

3 interceptions

1 fumble

Gives up 3 sacks

Your league score:
16 points

Start the Patriots and enjoy them slowly and painfully dismantling my team....

Oops…didn’t make the connection with the names until you mentioned it. It’s too bad Cassel got hurt. I was looking forward to him coming back to Foxborough to face his old team. Thanks for the great analysis. This thread rocks! :wacko:

1) Yes, before this week I had been rolling with Davis as my main TE. I did successfully claim Gresham as a replacement for Davis if he does become involved in the trade. With our league setup with the flex W/T slot, the waivers are very slim in terms of valuable tight ends. The only other tight ends that remain who seem to have any value are Chandler, Dickson, and Scheffler. None of whom have shown too much consistency. Vernon hasn't shown much either with the focus on the run, but his talent keeps me hopeful.

2) You hit the nail on the head in terms of my opinion of Bowe. I really like the guy, liked him in college and would love to have a receiving corps 1-2 punch of Megatron and Bowe. But the unknown factor of the chiefs offense really held me off the trade. I have since nixed the trade and am in discussion with the same owner and another owner for a trade involving RBs. I am supposed to get some information after lunch today.

3) Yes, I was able to grab Bennett just after his game against the Eagles. Nelson I've had all season and have used sparingly when necessary. He's actually gotten better now that he's back to his slot role and not drawing the WR2 coverage as much.

4) I have taken my focus solely to getting a solid RB option that I can play in place of Beanie as needed. I am in talks with another manager who owns the rights to:

Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Mike Tolbert

I believe he is interested in WRs and TEs so if I were to make a trade I would most likely try to swing for Turner or Jackson in a trade. I'm just not sure I have the right availability of players to match value for a 2 for 1 deal or even a 3 for 2 deal.

On a side note, Daniel Thomas and Kendall Hunter are on the FA list right now and I'm debating picking one of them up. Reggie Bush has been solid lately for Miami, but Thomas was a workhorse prior to his injury there. He had a team high in carries this past week and if he assumes a larger role he might be a worthwhile matchup play. With Hunter, he would probably be a sparing use as Gore is supposed to play this Sunday, but it's early in the week and things could change before then.

I will update this some more once I talk with the other managers about the trade possibilities.

Thanks for your assistance thus far.

I was able to get a trade offer with me trading away Vernon Davis for Ahmad Bradshaw. I have Gresham to take over my TE role for the season, he's not amazing but has been decent. Trade deadline is tomorrow so if I'm gonna make a deal it needs to be today/tomorrow. This is for Team 2 in my sig.

Yahoo standard scoring, no ppr, no partial points for yardage. Bradshaw hasn't practiced this week and I can probably survive on AP and Beanie this week. I just hope Bradshaw actually returns healthy and can produce. Need a better option at RB to play matchups for Beanie.

Update: Gates is also available on his team, I'm now thinking of a 2 for 2 trade involving Gates and Lynch for Davis and a WR. Possibly Decker, Breaston, Holmes, or Nelson. Any input on which is probably the best option?

Update 2: Looks like the deal is going to Gates and Lynch for Davis and Santonio Holmes. I don't think either team is getting a huge steal of a deal here seems pretty even. Just want to see what another mind thinks to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

Edited by Rimmytose

WDIS @ flex?

Dez Bryant @ Washington

or

Brandon Marshall vs Buffalo

Don't really have anyone else worth starting.

Scoring for receivers

Every 10 receiving yards 1pt

TD Reception 6 pts

2pt Receiving Conversion 2 pts

Brandon Marshall seems to rise up for divisional games. 2 of his three highest totals this year came in his only divisional matchups as he went for 7 for 139 yards vs New England and 6 for 109 when they visited the Jets. He also has 15 catches for 204 yards and a touchdown in the last two weeks. I'm still not a believer in Matt Moore, but I think the Dolphins, and Marshall especially, will raise their game for another divisional matchup.

Prediction: 9 receptions for 88 yards and 1 touchdown

Dez Bryant has got to be disappointed. The former number 1 wide receiver goes down on his team and someone else slips into the role. He cotninues to play second fiddle to better receivers and for some reason is third on the progression for passes. (Robinson and Witten being 1 & 2), Dez is going to post decent numbers weekly, but he'll never have that WOW game. This week is no different, even against a Redskins defense that is in shambles.

Prediction: 6 catches for 80 yards

Definitely go with Brandon Marshall.

Who do you like better for ROS at TE...Celek or Gresham??

That's a tough question.

Jermaine Gresham has a VERY brutual schedule for the rest of the season with the exception of weeks 15 and 16, most leagues final playoff and Fantasy Bowl games. Among them are Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Houston. If you can make it past those games without much from your tight end you'll be rewarded with St. Louis and the Cardinals, two teams that have trouble covering anything.

Brent Celek has an easier road to the playoffs, but a harder time once he gets you there. His next few matchups are ones in which he should very well, which include the Giants, the Patriots, Seattle and Miami. His week 15 game is somewhat rough against the Jets, but he'll be back for you again in week 16 with some nice numbers against the Cowboys.

I know I'm not really answering your question here and going around in circles, but I think I've given you the information you need to make the decision when you look at your team and the competition you'll be going against.

Better Overall Player?

Edge: Brent Celek

Bigger part of their offense?

Edge: Tie

Eaiser Regular Season Schedule?

Easier Playoff Matchups?

Edge: Jermaine Gresham

I think that should give you what you need to make your decision.

That's a tough question.

Jermaine Gresham has a VERY brutual schedule for the rest of the season with the exception of weeks 15 and 16, most leagues final playoff and Fantasy Bowl games. Among them are Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Houston. If you can make it past those games without much from your tight end you'll be rewarded with St. Louis and the Cardinals, two teams that have trouble covering anything.

Brent Celek has an easier road to the playoffs, but a harder time once he gets you there. His next few matchups are ones in which he should excel, which include the Giants, the Patriots, Seattle and Miami. His week 15 game is somewhat rough against the Jets, but he'll be back for you again in week 16 with some nice numbers against the Cowboys.

I know I'm not really answering your question here and going around in circles, but I think I've given you the information you need to make the decision when you look at your team and the competition you'll be going against.

Better Overall Player?

Bigger part of their offense?

Edge: Tie

Eaiser Regular Season Schedule?

Easier Playoff Matchups?

Edge: Jermaine Gresham

I think that should give you what you need to make your decision.

Excellent analysis...very much appreciated, and you did answer the question. Gonna run with Gresham, I'm solidly in the playoffs, so he should be the better pick for me. Thanks again.

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Very cool, Chiefs Fan.

Here's one: What do you think of who I'm rolling with this week??? MUST win.

In my signature...

My first thought looking at your bench is you have too many tight ends. But that aside...

WARNING: BUST ALERT!

I have some serious concerns about Marshawn Lynch. He has been getting it done at an amazing level this year, but a back is only as good as his offensive line allows him to be. You have to think the loss of two starting linemen this week alone is going to seriously effect the running game. Both RT James Carpenter and RG John Moffitt have been placed on the IR, Rice and Doug Baldwin and Sidney Rice were banged up and have both turned in limited practice, and Tarvaris Jackson has been wincing after throws in practice. This has all happened this week... I'd seriously be afraid of starting Marshawn Lynch. I know the Rams are an easier team to run on.... but physically I don't think the Seahawks will be playing at a strong level.

Prediction: 20 carries for 68 yards, 4 catches for 28 yards

I have a very high opinion of Kendall Hunter. He reminds me of a smaller version of Frank Gore and I really don't think the offense misses much at all when he's in there, and when Gore is slowed with his inevitable injuries like he is now he's definitely an upgrade. Unfortunately Gore is tough and constantly pushes himself. Sometimes he'll shake off the injury and do well and other times the wheels come off and he has a week like last week. I see a combination of factors at work this week that will limit Gore. I think the 49ers will go up quickly on the Cardinals and that even if his knee and ankle hold up he'll still be pulled before the 3rd quarter. Look for Kendall to continue to shine in his limited time.

I know the numbers aren't that different, but I think the touchdown makes the differece, I have a very high opinion of Kendall Hunter is the guy you want.