[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Holmes is killing me

ponyshow69

I agree..Sanchez sux. He throws with no confidence and IMO they should give him more passing opportunities and see if he can step up his game. If he can't, then get rid of him. With a ground and pound strategy I would assume its hard to be a QB. 1st and 2nd downs usually end up being running plays leaving Sanchez with only 1 chance to convert. I think stuff like that gets in a players head... like if you miss this pass.. we are 3 and out. I think if you give him more throws he will get warmed up to throwing the ball and improve his accuracy along with his confidence. dontcha think?

From today's JUMbotron:

"--In 25 games as a New York Jet (including playoffs) Santonio Holmes has only topped 90 yards three times (93, 114, 126). Mark Sanchez is robbing Holmes of his prime years."

Not true...so to speak. He did not top 90 that much more in Pittsburgh...with a real QB. He had 20 TDs in four years with us. OK but not special. Since he has been gone, the guy that took his place has 16 scores and a ton of yards. He is capable of big plays every now and then...but not consistent. However, when you do add him to a pitiful QB with a pitiful offense...you are asking for trouble.

I agree..Sanchez sux. He throws with no confidence and IMO they should give him more passing opportunities and see if he can step up his game. If he can't, then get rid of him. With a ground and pound strategy I would assume its hard to be a QB. 1st and 2nd downs usually end up being running plays leaving Sanchez with only 1 chance to convert. I think stuff like that gets in a players head... like if you miss this pass.. we are 3 and out. I think if you give him more throws he will get warmed up to throwing the ball and improve his accuracy along with his confidence. dontcha think?

Not if he sucks...which he does.

From today's JUMbotron:

"--In 25 games as a New York Jet (including playoffs) Santonio Holmes has only topped 90 yards three times (93, 114, 126). Mark Sanchez is robbing Holmes of his prime years."

He's actually only started 20 games (4 suspended and 1 injured), but yeah point is the same. Sanchez sux.

In the Denver game I found his Hail Marry pass at the end instructive. He heaved that ball with all his might and rainbowed the ball only 48 yards. He has a rag arm. Even now Favre can toss the ball 50 yards on a line falling off his back foot with just a snap of his wrist. You could fuse ever bone in Mannings neck and place him in a full torso cast and from a wheel chair he could toss it farther. No offense to Mr. G.Q. but he has no arm strength.

He has been a good player throughout H.S. and college and is a big kid. Maybe they should convert him to an H-back.