[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No more 3,000 mile oil changes?

tazinib1

I never changed every 3K as it was a pointless overkill. And my 06 vehicle recommended every 7.5K which I happily accepted. Using a synth blend I typically stretch it to 8K. One or two oil changes a year works for me.

Supposedly there is some silly expensive oil out there that allows you to not change it for silly lengths of time (25K?) but I never researched.

My oil joint is across the parking lot from a gym with big windows, at my first oil change there i was jokin around and asked for the binoculars, dude reached under the counter and passed them over like we were best friends :wacko: love that place

It's costly to get up to speed for winter riding, but it's mostly a one time expense as all the stuff lasts are really long time. If you wanna chat more about winter riding, maybe start a new thread?

It has nothing to do with weather - even forgoing riding when there's slop on the roads, you can get an easy 9 mos in here - and more to do with opportunity; current job requires driving in the realm of 100+ mi per day, and I'm NOT biking that on a daily basis, it just isn't feasible.