[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taylor Swift's date for the CMA's

rajncajn

I honestly couldn't care less about the ACM's, who Taylor Swift is dating or any of the like, but I thought this was extremely cool for someone of her celebrity status to do.

Taylor Swift to take N.J. teen with cancer to ACMs

A cancer-stricken New Jersey teen who yearned to take Taylor Swift to his high school prom has scored a dream date to a far more glamorous soiree.

Swift couldn’t make Kevin McGuire’s prom, so she did him one better: She asked him out to the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas.

“Obviously, I said yes,” McGuire, 18, told the Cherry Hill Courier-Post from his bed at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

The award ceremony on April 1 is “a lot better than the senior prom,” added McGuire, who’s battling leukemia.

McGuire has his older sister to thank for setting up the date with one of the planet’s most eligible bachelorettes.

Victoria McGuire set up a Facebook page — Taylor Swift take KEVIN MCGUIRE TO PROM — designed to grab Swift’s attention. The page went viral, and on Friday, Swift responded.

“Kevin, I'm so sorry but I won't be able to make it to your prom,” the singer wrote on Facebook.

“But I was wondering, the (Academy of Country Music) Awards are coming up…Would you be my date? Love, Taylor.”

The offer left McGuire speechless.

“I was shocked,” he said. “I can’t believe it actually happened. ”

McGuire, a football star from Stratford, is battling leukemia for the second time. First diagnosed at the age of 13, McGuire was deemed cancer free in 2010, but he recently had a relapse.

“Having this happen makes me feel a lot better,” he said.