[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Case for Matt Ryan, Early?

notamomo

I just took him at 4.8 in a FFPC draft - not sure how that translates to a more traditional draft, but I do think he has a very good chance to join the elite this season.

But here's the rub. After I drafted Ryan the QB's were ignored for an eternity. SO from a value standpoint I absolutely have to be right about him or I am probably toast. I play the big tourney games basically balls to the wall though so may not be everybody's style.

I did trade for Ryan in my keeper league a few weeks ago before he stormed up the rankings so feeling great about that move.

I don't believe you can go too wrong with him. He doesn't have the natural skills of any of the top five QB's, but he is pretty good, pretty accurate, very intelligent and prepared, on a good team with a passing offense, with some nice weapons and a favorable schedule. He finished 8th among QB's last year after a pretty weak first half when they were incorporating a new offense and working out the bugs. Week to week, you'll usually be ahead at the QB slot with this guy, and in no case should you be giving up much.