[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flex dilemna...RB or WRs....

Slugs3511

I am in 2 ppr leagues and in both, we can roster 4 WRs and 4 RBs.....leaving 2 starters from each and a flex to come from RB or WR.....I have been pretty successful starting a RB because of the ppr as a flex, but this year, with more WR s and RB being by committee I am wondering if I should change my strategy....Here are my options....

League 1

Foster, Tate, Martin and Sproles

Torrey Smith, Roddy, Amendola and V Jax....I am starting Foster, Sproles, Roddy and Smith for sure.......so who do I flex, Martin or V jax?

League 2....

Rice, Ben Green Ellis, Mcgahee, Ryan Williams (AR)

Boldin, Fitz, Bowe, DHBay...I am starting Rice, Mcgaher, Fitz and Bowe....DO I flex BGEllis or DHB or Boldin....?

Is this in general who to start at flex, or about your team, cause then this is the wrong spot for your post.

In general I like starting WR's at flex in ppr leagues as there are more of them that are viable and they have a bigger chance to score high points than the low end RB's you'll be starting at flex.

Leaving specific players out and just generalizing between flex quality RB's and WR's I tend to take MY matchup into consideration.

If I think I need a big week from the flex spot to win a tough matchup I lean towards the WR's. If I like my matchup and want safe points I lean toward the RB's. Your specific dilemmas help explain my general point. Martin vs. VJax or BJGE vs. DHB.... in both I think the RB's are the safer bet to at least post say 60yds, a few catches... 6-10 points. But the WR's, especially those 2 probably have the better chance of 7 for 140 and a TD for 27 pts. But they also have the higher probability for a 2 for 29, 4 pt game as well. So like I said, IN GENERAL, I'll flex RB's for safe points, WR's for boom or bust points.