[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

14 Team Keeper League Draft Question

LifeOLuxry

I am in a 14 team Keeper League - PPR. I will be keeping Lamar Miller and Kaepernick both as 14th round keepers. I have also positioned myself to have the 4th and 6th overall picks in the draft.

I won't list all of the keepers, but take my word that everyone ranked ahead of the guys I'm asking about will be taken.

I anticipate Foster and Lynch to be the first two RB's off the board. The guy in front of me will likely take either Chris Johnson or Matt Forte, so with the 4th pick I will take which ever one he doesn't. So after my 1st pick my team will look like this:

QB Kaepernick

RB Forte / Johnson

RB L. Miller

My question is with regard to my second 1st round pick (#6 overall). The guy in the 5 hole will likely go with a RB (MJD, Gore, Bush, DMC) as well because he's keeping Graham and AJ Green. I do NOT expect that he will take Le'Veon Bell who I like better than any of the guys above, but only slightly.

So with that second pick, do I take LeVeon Bell to stack the RB's or take a top tier WR like Marshall or Dez Bryant. My next pick is not until #32, so the RB's will be thin by that point and I love Miller as a 14th round keeper, but he has a lot to prove as an RB1 or even RB2 for that matter.

So all that said, is Bell a smart play there or do I roll the dice on RB later and grab the stud WR?

I also should have mentioned that it's a Flex Position league, so drafting a RB with the 6th pick would not necessarily put a guy on my bench, all three RB's could be in the starting lineup if they were performing.

Starting positions look like this:

QB

WR1

WR2

RB1

RB2

TE

FLEX (WR, RB, TE)

K

DEF

If you trust Lamar i say go for a WR.

I would probably draft MJD if avail with the 6th pick.

Not sold on Bell but if you want him get him.

More depth at WR so no don't feel you need a stud.

I would feel better with:

QB Kaepernick

RB Forte / Johnson

RB MJD / Bell

RB L. Miller

than

QB Kaepernick

RB Forte / Johnson

RB MJD / Bell

RB L. Miller

WR Marshall / Dez

Edited by bwebs13

That's kind of where I'm leaning (i.e. going RB/RB instead of RB/WR).

I have a couple of weeks to sort out which RB I would take there (MJD actually may be kept, but I think he'll be avilable), but I'm defintely leaning toward waiting on drafting WR's because it's a deep draft for WR's and because of a huge amount of RB keepers, very thin RB pool.