[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Discrepancy between player names on cheetsheet and depth chart

superwizbang

Hello,

I would like to request that some time be spent on comparing player names in the database versus what is printed in the depth charts. In many cases, the depth charts are very different from the names in the cheetsheets. I can provide an example of 20-30 players which are different such as Mikel Leshoure, who is listed as Michael and alternately the correct Mikel. Another example is Jacquizz Rodgers. This has been an issue over the many years I have been a member. It is important because I find it *very* important to import my cheetsheets into Excel and add what their position on the depth chart right be for a draft--a feature that I believe could be a great benefit for all if it were offered.

The difference between round 8 and selecting a lesser used WR2, or a WR1 on a team of unknowns can be the difference between a dropped player early in the season versus a potential sleeper. It becomes very difficult to automate matching 300-400 players with their depth position if they are misspelled or do not follow a standard naming pattern (LaRod Stephens-Howling).

Thanks in advance.

-Ken

Edited by superwizbang
  • WJW locked this topic