[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who To Bench? WR/Flex

Lenay Kakuah

I am in an 8 team ESPN league, standard scoring, no PPR. I am pretty deep at the wide receiver slot so every week I struggle with who to sit and who to start. Almost every week I leave a guy on the bench who explodes and start a guy who plays sub par. I am desperate for advice on how to fix this issue.

Here is my roster:

QB: Rivers, Newton, RGIII

RB: AP, Lacey, Woodhead, Spiller

WR: Julio, Boldin, Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon, Kimbrell Thompkins, Eddie Royal

TE: Antonio Gates

D/ST: Seahawks

K: David Akers

1. With peterson on bye and spiller going down with an injury during the game the last 2 weeks I am forced to start Lacy and Woodhead.

2. Julio is a start, but after that its up in the air. Both Smith and Boldin have been spotty especially when facing a good secondary like they are this week and Gordan and Thompkins have been putting up solid numbers but only over a short time period. They are also facing soft defenses this week.

3. It seems that everyone but me is anti-trade. I have tried to shop RGIII, Smith, and Spiller but have either been declined or countered with something outrageous.

Any advice would be appreciated I am 2-2 and trying to improve!

Okay, here's your solution. Sometimes it's not easy but you'll be better off in the end. Don't play the matchup game when it comes to good players. With Defenses, kickers and waiver wire dwellers, yes gamble with the matchups. Be consistent with your horses even if they're not. It'll pay off in the long run. This is coming from a Chris Johnson owner. Its hard to be consistently lucky, and thats what the matchup game is. 10% research, 10% hunch and 80% luck.

I'd go with Boldin because the talent drop-off for WR's in Frisco is huge after Anquan & their TE Davis is nursing a hammy so Q is pretty much his only target other than Gore. Same goes for Torrey Smith in Baltimore except not as extreme because their TE is okay. The others are good bye week fillers for your squad because you have good starters.

Good luck!

• Like 1