[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beyond TDs and Tackles

Easy n Dirty

I found the charts at the end of this week's column to be fascinating. What I found especially interesting were the stats on the Bengals interior run defense. On runs over the offensive left guard and right guard, the Bengals run defense ranks 7th best and 3rd best in the league, respectively. On runs over the center, the Bengals run defense ranks 31st in the league.

I wonder what could account for such a disparity - maybe it's just too early in the season and these types of stats have alot of volatility at this early stage, but we are 25% of the way through the season, so it's got to carry some weight I think.

The fact they've only had 4 rushing attempts speaks volumes. With that said I haven't watched all 4 of those runs but my guess is that one or two went for a good chunk of yardage. If you want to know why teams aren't running up the middle against them all you need to know is GENO ATKINS.

EDIT: Glad you like it. Going forward I'll try to find a matchup that shows strength vs strength or strength vs weakness etc and include it in the article.

Edited by keggerz

On those bills runs, how does the division of labor between fred and CJ look? Was fred responsible for the inside success and CJ the outside or is there some other non-intuitive trend?

Edited by BA Baracus

On those bills runs, how does the division of labor between fred and CJ look? Was fred responsible for the inside success and CJ the outside or is there some other non-intuitive trend?

Unfortunately, I don't have those breakdowns.