[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been offered Demaryius Thomas/Lacy for my McCoy/Bowe. Should I?

wpayers

We start 3 WRs and 2 RBs. No flex.

My team rb/wrs:

McCoy <<< I give

SJax

Powell

McGahee

Bryce Brown

Ellington

Cobb

Bowe <<< I give

Antonio Brown

His team rb/wrs

Martin

Lacy <<< I get

FJax

Matthews

Demaryius <<< I get

AJ Green

Torrey Smith

Ginn

I'm on the fence. McCoy is a stud and there's a significant drop-off to my other RBs. Obviously, Lacy isn't at his level; on the other hand, Demaryius is a huge upgrade over Bowe.

I prefer Demaryius over Green. He won't give up Martin.

Here's the upside - Lacy has a great schedule (rated #1 by SOS tool). Potentially, he could elevate into the top 10.

Assuming SJax returns next week I would have a good, not great, Rb tandem of Lacy/SJax. Also both have had their Byes. Plus a very solid WR trio of Demaryius/Cobb/Brown.

But i'm hesitant. I am just having a hard time giving up McCoy. Your thoughts?

I agree with the other fellas - do the trade. Thomas is solid [like all the DEN WRs] and Lacy is the number 1 back in a high powered offense. McCoy is fragile and on a team that is going nowhere and Bowe sucks.

Really like the trade.. Bowe has looked pretty bad, Thomas will have some games wheres hes a victim of other talent on the roster but overall, well, only winners get wings! I also dont mind Lacy especially with the upgrade at wideout.

Ha, I was reading everyone waiting for someone to say they didn't like it. I think you can get more for shady, he's a beast. Eagles may not be winning but they'll be scoring all season. There has to be a better WR on the waiver wire than Bowe. You can replace Bowe, you can't replace shady or come anywhere near it. Wide receivers are easy to come by and if you listed all of yours and his, that's only 3 and 4 per team, def some guys on waivers.

I disagree with everyone. Wouldn't dare give up Shady.

+1 Another reason I would not do this trade is that THomas is not as consistent as you will want him to be. I own him and so far and he is not consistent his games so far in non ppr 28-5-5-20-5 McCoy 24-16-21-9-14. The real trade here is McCoy for Thomas and Thomas is a big name but he is deceptively inconsistent. Up and Down doesn't win games, it is consistency which McCoy gives you with high numbers. There are a lot of mouths to feed on Denver offense. Don't let your desire to replace Bowe skew your judgment between Thomas and McCoy. Check WW for WR's there are some Charger Wr's coming around and there will be more risers this season.

+1 Another reason I would not do this trade is that THomas is not as consistent as you will want him to be. I own him and so far and he is not consistent his games so far in non ppr 28-5-5-20-5 McCoy 24-16-21-9-14. The real trade here is McCoy for Thomas and Thomas is a big name but he is deceptively inconsistent. Up and Down doesn't win games, it is consistency which McCoy gives you with high numbers. There are a lot of mouths to feed on Denver offense. Don't let your desire to replace Bowe skew your judgment between Thomas and McCoy. Check WW for WR's there are some Charger Wr's coming around and there will be more risers this season.

This. If you like flipping a coin to determine outcomes of things, DT will be fun to have in your offense. I'd prefer the consistency of McCoy and a lesser name at WR to bring me production than Lacy and DT in those same spots.

Lets look at the numbers from a Standard league format

McCoy - 17.60 per week

McGahee - 18.70 in his only week so far - You can trim that average down to about 10 per week

Cobb - 13.08 per week

A Brown - 13.65 per week

Bowe - 6.06 per week

So using McGahee's 10 per week, those 5 players get you 60.39 on average per week

Lacy - 10 based on the 2 games he has played

McGahee - 10

Cobb - 13.08

A Brown - 13.65

Thomas - 13.80

60.53 on average... McCoy has the ability to go real big on any given week and Lacy does not have that same ceiling... Also Thomas has that same ability as McCoy and Bowe (like Lacy) does not..

I would stick with Shady and try to find another WR that is a consistent 8.5-10 per week to replace Bowe

Plus you have SJax coming back to alternate with McGahee based on matchups...

Edited by RaiderNation1
  • Like 1

Lets look at the numbers from a Standard league format

McCoy - 17.60 per week

McGahee - 18.70 in his only week so far - You can trim that average down to about 10 per week

Cobb - 13.08 per week

A Brown - 13.65 per week

Bowe - 6.06 per week

So using McGahee's 10 per week, those 5 players get you 60.39 on average per week

Lacy - 10 based on the 2 games he has played

McGahee - 10

Cobb - 13.08

A Brown - 13.65

Thomas - 13.80

60.53 on average... McCoy has the ability to go real big on any given week and Lacy does not have that same ceiling... Also Thomas has that same ability as McCoy and Bowe (like Lacy) does not..

I would stick with Shady and try to find another WR that is a consistent 8.5-10 per week to replace Bowe

Plus you have SJax coming back to alternate with McGahee based on matchups...

This is extremely helpful!