[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which RB is on final descent?

DMD

Time for the fork or good value this year?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which RBs are likely to turn around and have a good year?

• Chris Johnson
    • Steven Jackson
    • Maurice Jones-Drew
    • Arian Foster
    • Ray Rice
  2. 2. Which RBs are into the fantasy death spiral?

• Chris Johnson
    • Maurice Jones-Drew
    • Arian Foster
    • Ray Rice
    • Steven Jackson

Went for Chris Johnson to turn it around, although I've been saying that for the last 2 seasons, Jets run the football well (have to given QB situation) so think he will bounce back but Arian Foster will be similar.

Steven Jackson was poor even when fit last year and don't see the Falcons being much better running the football even with the upgraded O-line. They are going to be all about passing and think Jackson is finally hitting that wall so I'm avoiding him like the plague this year.

Went for Chris Johnson to turn it around, although I've been saying that for the last 2 seasons, Jets run the football well (have to given QB situation) so think he will bounce back but Arian Foster will be similar.

Steven Jackson was poor even when fit last year and don't see the Falcons being much better running the football even with the upgraded O-line. They are going to be all about passing and think Jackson is finally hitting that wall so I'm avoiding him like the plague this year.

I was looking at Chris Johnson's fantasy scoring and noticed that Johnson has never finished lower than the #13 RB in a RB .75 PPR league. Obviously, he's never been as good as he was in his first three years, but I was surprised that he finished as the #8 RB last year. The problem with him has been too hit or miss and when he misses with those dud games, he can lose the game for you. I think he's good value in a draft only league format.

Johnson turns 29 this year and he's going to be on a good running team. Considering where he's going now, I could be happy with another top ten RB finish.

2013 #8. Johnson, Chris 229.90

2012 #13. Johnson, Chris 202.50

2011 #11. Johnson, Chris 211.50

2010 #6. Johnson, Chris 261.90

2009 #1. Johnson Chris 380.40

2008 #11. Johnson, Chris 239.05

Edited by electricrelish
  • Like 1

I was looking at Chris Johnson's fantasy scoring and noticed that Johnson has never finished lower than the #13 RB in a RB .75 PPR league. Obviously, he's never been as good as he was in his first three years, but I was surprised that he finished as the #8 RB last year. The problem with him has been too hit or miss and when he misses with those dud games, he can lose the game for you. I think he's good value in a draft only league format.

Johnson turns 29 this year and he's going to be on a good running team. Considering where he's going now, I could be happy with another top ten RB finish.

2013 #8. Johnson, Chris 229.90

2012 #13. Johnson, Chris 202.50

2011 #11. Johnson, Chris 211.50

2010 #6. Johnson, Chris 261.90

2009 #1. Johnson Chris 380.40

2008 #11. Johnson, Chris 239.05

Good numbers, didn't realise he actually ended up that high consistently. I guess people mis-judge him because he was so good and they always expect him to become elite again but they overlook that he can still be very productive if only in some games.

• Like 1

The only reason that Johnson has been a consistent low end RB1 is his huge volume of touches, which looks to fall off considerably this year.

Possibly but Ivory will get himself banged up and miss games I'm sure. Bilal Powell is around but isn't likely to get more than a dozen touches a game.

For me CJ2K is playing for a similar team again, a poor QB that needs to run the ball well for success so I imagine he'll be similar in production again.

• Like 1

I voted SJax and MJD as being on the decline, with Foster and Rice (to a lesser degree) bound for bounce-back seasons.

Not sure on CJ... I think he'll have another decent year, but nothing like his monster years early in his career. But, it's not like last year was an abysmal disappointment... He was the #8 RB in PPR (and it was his best all-around season since 2010).

So, yeah, I'm conservatively optomistic that he'll remain a mid/low RB1, with the off-chance that he might creep back into the upper half of that RB1 category.

Finishing the 8th overall RB can be achieved by any starting RB who plays 14 games...I still think CJ can be a steady producer with an uptick here and there. .