[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Derek Carr

cow3r

He beat out noodle armed Schaub and starting week 1. He seemed to play smart against the Seahawks in the preseason, was it a fluke? Should we expect raiders receivers to increase in value with Carr under center? I'm just looking for general outlook on Raiders this year and what your thoughts are on Carr.

I ended up taking the risk and grabbing the some raiders WR off the free agents list in case by some miracle he ddoes well.

I happen to believe that Carr could be a solid FF producer, but I seem to be in the minority. Hard to find any sites or even comments on forums that give him much of a chance to be a factor this year. But I think his skill set is more than solid, great arm, quick release, obviously had the gaudy stats from college (which I understand means next to nothing), and he gets rave reports from teammates and coaches about how he handles himself. The Raiders will be scored upon freely, so he will be chucking it a lot, which means a lot of opportunity for FF points. I grabbed him in one league.

With all of the QB options out there, it seems unlikely that Carr will become QB1 relevant. But what does seem relevant is any value he can infuse in the Raiders' passing game. It'll be interesting to see who gets targeted the most. I didn't see any Raider receivers go until late rounds in any leagues, but I'll bet at least one of them becomes a steady WR3. I also would put money on it NOT being James Jones since he's the only one I have fostered in any leagues.