[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon - opinions wanted

Warship

Out of curiosity, and because it's a very real situation in my main local, if Gordon went completely undrafted, and waiver runs aren't allowed until after week one (where waiver priority is on a worst to first basis), does anyone think that any sort of rules should be implemented prior to week 1 to handle Gordon's situation? Everyone is very matter of fact about option 3 in OPs scenario, and I agree with it because the rules were already in place and you can't just go back on them because of sour grapes. However, with a chance to proactively implement a rule about how to handle Gordon, would you? For this discussion, let's say the rule in mind is "Regardless of his NFL status, Josh Gordon is not rosterable until week 6 of the NFL season". I only ask because this situation is about as unique as one could imagine (last year's top WR suspended for the year, draft takes place, then possibility of suspension retroactively reduced or eliminated) and it feels like it could create imbalance.

Either way, this might finally be the situation that gets the fools in my main local to go to blind bid waivers. We tried to make that rule change for this season but it was outvoted. Thanks for any input.

one of my leagues is worst to first. i wouldn't do it, but it would be pretty funny to tank the week and get gordon.

That's the kind of garbage I'm afraid of. Hell, even if nobody tanks the week, some lucky ass is going to have lowest points and get a potential huge difference maker. Just seems wrong.

Nope can't change a thing Nature of the beast... just another twist in the ongoing FF saga and proof that we have definitely not seen it all and never will!! There is always something EVERY year that will make you say hmmmmmm

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Ha...MTSuper7, as I was reading your post I was thinking "don't use worst to first waivers".

+1

I quit worst to first waivers for good after my second year of fantasy and have never looked back since.

Fact is the entire situation stinks but if the other NFL teams have to suddenly address the possibility of Gordon being available to the Browns why should FF owners expect special consideration?

Edited by MothAudio

Everybody else already said it.

Plus The whole "suspenions may be reduced if this agreement is signed" is all just speculation. The one thing I read said "if they agree to make this rule retroactive...." I don't see why they would, except as a concession to the players so they agree with the HGH testing. Also read that if they don't have an agreement this week, it would probably wait until the off seaosn.

Either way there isn't any real strong evidence that Gordon will play. And none of that has any bearing on the issue here, your rules are pretty simple, player was cut, free agent acquired end of discussion. Sucks that you'll have to try to convince your league that it was fair, or bow to their stupidity to retain league integrity. The integrity should be based on the rules, not a bunch of owners complaining. The same reason that trades should not require a majority approval of league owners.

Good luck.

Indeed.

Fact is the entire situation stinks but if the other NFL teams have to suddenly address the possibility of Gordon being available to the Browns why should FF owners expect special consideration?

not sure i'm following on the analogy. Gordon's on the browns already. It's not like he's all of a sudden available to some random team that's first on the waiver wire or the team with the worst record and lowest point total after week 1