[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maclin or D. Jackson rest of year

Finn5033

.5ppr league I have B. Marshall, Julio Jones, Maclin, and D. Jackson. I have to play 3 of the 4 every week except of course if one is on bye I don't have to decide. I had a big matchup this week and had to decide between Maclin and D. Jackson. IMO I felt like sticking with Maclin was the clear choice because he has given me no reason to not play him yet, and D. Jax has always been kind of a boom or bust guy. Now after Maclin's stinker last night and the fact D. Jax had another nice game I am wondering what you guys think about these 2 going forward. My decision to play Maclin this week is going to cost me the win. I was very confident in Maclin until last night. 27-0 win and he has 2-catches for 16yds. Going forward I think the Redskins are always going to be playing catch-up and maybe Playing Desean is the better choice.

Edited by Finn5033

Maclin over D-Jax, and you shouldn't even have to consider this. Last night was a blowout and Maclin just wasn't a necessary tool. That being said, IT'S ONE WEEK!!! Simmer down man... There's too many options in Washington, particularly with Reed coming back. Maclin is the guy in Philly, end of story.

Maclin over D-Jax, and you shouldn't even have to consider this. Last night was a blowout and Maclin just wasn't a necessary tool. That being said, IT'S ONE WEEK!!! Simmer down man... There's too many options in Washington, particularly with Reed coming back. Maclin is the guy in Philly, end of story.

Maclin's season stats - 27 catches / 445 yds / 4 tds

Jackson season stats - 23 catches / 479 yds / 3 tds

I get what your saying because I felt the same way. But as you can see from the stats I don't think its that cut and dry anymore

They have similar stats, but if you look game by game Jackson will score a bunch some weeks and next to nothing some weeks (the ultimate boom/bust player) whereas Maclin is generally in the 16-18 range and is more reliable. Depends on what kind of fantasy contribution you are looking for I guess...