[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade input

DrRed

I've just accepted a trade (so not really asking advice then, just input) dez Bryant and Ben Tate for Jamaal Charles. My team:

QB: Peyton manning

RB: Lamar miller

RB: Ben Tate

WR: dez Bryant

WR: Steve smith

TE: Jordan reed

Flex: branden Oliver

DST: dolphins

K: Justin tucker

Bench: Andre Johnson, Julian Edelman, Alfred Morris, rashad jennings, Ryan Mathews, Travis kelce, Vernon Davis

Lacking an RB1 obviously and disappointed a little with dez so traded for an RB1 in Charles. But now I'm lacking WR1 and not much on the bench. Was this worth the trade.

I don't think I would've done it. I see your lack of RB1, but you had Jennings and potentially Mathews coming to the rescue in 1-2 weeks to assist your running game. Meanwhile, Dez was the anchor of your WRs... and yeah, Dallas isn't throwing as often as they have previously so his stats are down some, but when they do throw they try to force it to Dez most often.

It's not a "bad" trade, per se, you just shifted strength from one position to another, but with your bench backing up your previous weaker position, it's not one I would've done

Thanks for the input. I just didn't have the confidence in Dez. He's up with some of the other WR1s in the rankings weekly but has yet to put up a big game a la Nelson, brown, jones. Romo has been iffy in my opinion and dez' counterpart t. Williams has more TDs this season. I've been trying to get an RB1 for weeks so when the opportunity came I jumped for it without much thought. Since the deal is already done, I'm thinking I can turn some of those rbs coming back into a low end WR1 at best, but till then I'm gonna have to stick it out weak at WR.