[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice for a winless team?

MikeFL25

My friend is playing fantasy football for the first time and is winless. I have given him WW advice, I think the pieces are there for him to start winning, especially win all the bye weeks coming up this and next week. Who should he start for this week?

His roster, 8-team standard scoring league:

QB: Rivers, E. Manning

RB: McCoy, Ellington, Oliver, Ivory,D. Robinson

WR: Triple S, Sanders, LaFell, Hopkins, VJax

TE: J. Thomas

K: Bailey

D: 49ers

Currently he is starting Rivers, McCoy, Ellington, Steve Smith, Sanders, LaFell (flex).

What is the best play here? Start Robinson over Ellington/LaFell? Bench Triple S? Who are the best starts for this week to get him his first win?

Well I can see why he is winless. In an 8 team league all of the teams should be stacked. Unless McCoy starts scoring in bunches I don't see him beating anybody. As for your questions no I would not start Robinson over Ellington. In a standard scoring format you always want to play a starting RB in your flex if you can because they are going to get a lot of touches. Here is what I would play.

Rivers

McCoy

Ellington

Sanders

Lafell

Robinson or Ivory for flex

Thomas

Bailey

Niners

Edited by Finn5033

Well I can see why he is winless. In an 8 team league all of the teams should be stacked. Unless McCoy starts scoring in bunches I don't see him beating anybody. As for your questions no I would not start Robinson over Ellington. In a standard scoring format you always want to play a starting RB in your flex if you can because they are going to get a lot of touches. Here is what I would play.

Rivers

McCoy

Ellington

Sanders

Lafell

Robinson or Ivory for flex

Thomas

Bailey

Niners

Thanks, I appreciate the advice! He really got screwed in the draft which is a big reason he is losing. His 1st round pick was McCoy, someone everyone expected to have a big season and instead has under-performed all season. His 2nd and 3rd round picks were Ray Rice and RG3. All of those picks, any other year, would have been considered great. Rice obviously screwed him over and RG3 going down early in the season was bad. So his first 3 picks just got slammed with a ton of bad luck.

I think you're spot on with the starting advice, I'll let him know.

Any advice on possible trades? Maybe getting him another solid RB or WR? He's good at TE and QB.

Edited by MikeFL25

Thanks, I appreciate the advice! He really got screwed in the draft which is a big reason he is losing. His 1st round pick was McCoy, someone everyone expected to have a big season and instead has under-performed all season. His 2nd and 3rd round picks were Ray Rice and RG3. All of those picks, any other year, would have been considered great. Rice obviously screwed him over and RG3 going down early in the season was bad. So his first 3 picks just got slammed with a ton of bad luck.

I think you're spot on with the starting advice, I'll let him know.

Any advice on possible trades? Maybe getting him another solid RB or WR? He's good at TE and QB.

McCoy's production hurts a lot I agree. He was a top 3 pick in all of my drafts. I have to disagree on his 2nd and 3rd round picks I think those are bad picks. Griffin didn't go until round 9 or later in my leagues. Rice didn't go until round 5 or later in my leagues. But being his first time these are the lessons you learn as you go. Regardless of that I don't see much he can do trade wise. As I'm sure you know an 8 team league everybody has stacked teams and probably have usual starters on the bench every week. The only thing he may be able to do is try and trade J. Thomas for either a stud RB or a Stud WR. If there is a team that is really good but weak at TE and can afford to trade a WR and RB for him that may be his best option

Edited by Finn5033