[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vernon Davis dropped, pick up?

Ver monster

I have D Allen on bye. Should I pick up v Davis and drop M Bryant? Or J McKinnon? My record is 7-2 and the next highest in my division is 4-5 giving me a 90 percent chance at playoffs. I was just going to have a blank TE spot, but now I am thinking I should jump on this. Here is my team:

QB: C Palmer

RB: A Ellington, A Bradshaw, L Taliaferro(need for bye week replacement), J McKinnon, A Peterson (just picked up)

WR: B Marshall, G Tate, M Evans, M Bryant, J Gordon

TE: D Allen

K: C Cantanzaro

D: streaming

Leaning towards dropping Bryant for Davis. Any advice?

Evans has caught at least 4 passes almost every week, and currently leads the team in catches, yards, and TDs despite missing one week this year, so definitely not a one-week thing.

I'd be tempted to just suck up the week without playing a TE, because I hate dropping talent to get inferior talent who happens to be playing that week

I think I'd rather have Vernon Davis in my lineup than talafiero. He's a RB2 that half the games Bernard pierce has been mixed and forsett has done great. Taliaferro would be just lucky enough to get 40yds or a td.

Vernon I would rather have ROS and a better bet I think to play well this week. And given your rb options, you don't desperately need the 4th rb this week either

InTomWeTrust,

How can anyone feel confident playing Davis this week...It's a bad match-up, Saints have been great against opposing tight ends.

I don't think Tom watches the same football games the rest of us do. This is a guy who would give up his first child just to grab Montee Ball, and trade half of his team, including most of his stud players to get Vernon Davis, a horribly average TE this year (I should know, I drafted the guy). He also continues to insist that Hillman is a "weak" RB despite him being one of Denver's bigger playmakers this season and blowing Ball's performance out of the water.

However, his posts are fun to read. :tup:

Edited by MikeFL25