[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS: Bench Calvin?

fruityloop516

Normally Calvin would be a no-question starter every week, but with a great stable of receivers comes second guessing. I have the opportunity to start Odell Beckham Jr. against a poor Dallas defense, but I have a hard time coming to grips with benching the almighty Calvin. Yay or Nay? Roster in signature.

Guys this is a silly discussion. Calvin is still the best WR in the NFL. He hasn't produced because he was hurt returned and scored 17 and had an off game against Peterson last week. He gets Browner this week and I see big plays for Calvin this week. You have to play your studs. If he has an off game again so be it. But you don't want to get cute and end up with 25 points on your bench at the end of the week either.

It's less Calvin and more Stafford. Can the Lions front line protect consistently and will Stafford play well in the cold on the road? It's a tough sell against a stout defense with Brandon Browner on Calvin and Derelle Revis on Tate. It's possible that Ebron could have a big day at TE over Tate and Calvin.

Guys this is a silly discussion. Calvin is still the best WR in the NFL. He hasn't produced because he was hurt returned and scored 17 and had an off game against Peterson last week. He gets Browner this week and I see big plays for Calvin this week. You have to play your studs. If he has an off game again so be it. But you don't want to get cute and end up with 25 points on your bench at the end of the week either.

I agree that Calvin is the best WR in the NFL, but Stafford is not even close to an elite QB right now. Shoot, if Aaron Rodgers was Calvin's quarterback then this wouldn't be a discussion.

Stafford can clearly get him the ball. Its been multiple seasons now but bench him if you want. You could be right that he has 5 or 6 points this week but he could also be 20+ and the difference between wining and losing. It would suck to have it on your bench

I feel rahhaynes, but I also understand that Stafford is not producing like he has been in previous years, and that Pats D loves to take away what you do best: And Stafford LOVES force feeding Calvin. Why take the risk when you have so many studs on your team?

You could make an argument for any of those WRs starting (LaFell not withstanding), and yeah ODB is their starting WR against a not great Dallas D, and Eli has been tearing it up against Dallas his last few games against them. That said, Eli's looked like complete garbage this year, but I'm also starting ODB

You could also easily play Green & Gordon

ODB is a target hog right now on the Giants which is fantastic for PPR. Yes he hasn't scored in 3 games, but he has put up at least 90 yards a game in those 3 and scores will come. At the end of the day, I should crush the guy I'm playing this week regardless, but this is a big deal because I have to score big in order to make the playoffs or pray that one of the guys ahead of me loses.

I'm leaning towards ODB because he has consistency in YPG and receptions, but I likely won't make a decision until I get a more accurate look at game-time weather Sunday.