[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddie Lacy or James Jones at FLEX? Losing by 3 against team with Davante Adams.

That's a tough one. Things to consider:

Eddie Lacy is banged up and may be limited.

Davante Adams is also a little banged up and may be limited.

James Jones has three touchdowns in two games, but only had one catch in the last game.

The Chiefs have a decent run defense but a bad secondary.

Conclusion:

I think I play James Jones this game. If Eddie Lacy feels uncomfortable early in the game than they will pull him out as they will need him down the stretch and will not feel the need to risk him. Expect Davante Adams to perform as he has through the first two weeks; something like 7 targets and 60 yards. There is a very good chance James Jones scores in this game (possibly multiple); I would predict something like 6 targets for 45 yards and a touchdown.

I may be a little biased as I will also be starting James Jones tonight and I need a big game. :tup:

• Like 1

i would gamble of lacy. it's a risk but im not sold yet on devante adams being rodgers #2. he's more like his 4th behind randall, james jones, and richard rodgers especially for red zone looks.

Whether you're sold on it or not, the numbers don't lie. Through the Packers first 2 games Cobb has 16 targets with 13 catches, Adams has 13 targets with 9 catches, Jones has 7 targets with 5 catches, and Rodgers has 7 targets with 6 catches. So according to the numbers Rodgers is looking Adams way nearly twice as much as Jones or R. Rodgers. Jones is completely TD dependant

Edited by Finn5033

Whether you're sold on it or not, the numbers don't lie. Through the Packers first 2 games Cobb has 16 targets with 13 catches, Adams has 13 targets with 9 catches, Jones has 7 targets with 5 catches, and Rodgers has 7 targets with 6 catches. So according to the numbers Rodgers is looking Adams way nearly twice as much as Jones or R. Rodgers. Jones is completely TD dependant

I agree with this. still, it's a bit disconcerting that Davante is not doing better than how he is. Red zone looks are critical points. unless you're playing PPR.

I agree with this. still, it's a bit disconcerting that Davante is not doing better than how he is. Red zone looks are critical points. unless you're playing PPR.

the 2nd game against the Hawks he missed the entire 2nd quarter getting his ankle checked out. Then he played the entire 2nd half with a bad ankle and Sherman covering him. Jones only catch in that game was on a 29 yd td which was a broken play when the Seahawks jumped offsides. I don't have Jones, but I do have Adams in a couple leagues and I sat him because I didn't know how healthy he would be and since they played Monday night I didn't want to take the chance that he'd miss the game.

All that being said I think being down 3 going against Adams Lacy would be the obvious choice if he wasn't dinged up. Safe play would be to play Jones and hope he gets a TD. If Jones doesn't get a TD he won't outscore Adams

IMO, while Adams is the second most targeted receiver, I don't believe that Adams will be the second best fantasy receiver. I was high on Adams, but signing J Jones changes everything. Jones is TD dependent, sure but all that guy does is score touchdowns. Most of the time we view a guy like that as boom/bust however, I expect a whole lot more boom than bust. You don't need many endzone looks to score consistently when your QB is Aaron Rodgers.

Moreover, Rodgers personally requested that they sign Jones. He trusts him, and brought him in specifically to have a trusted target in the endzone. There is a HUGE contrast in chemistry to be noticed when Rodgers is throwing the ball in the endzone with Jones when he is completely covered, but he can't hook up with Adams much despite the targets (and Adams got on the field for a fair part of last season).

Lastly, J Jones is getting the second most targets which are farther than 11 yards over the last two games, so while Adams may be getting more targets, J Jones is getting the more valuable targets. That's my take anyways.

In the last 24 games J Jones has played with Rodgers, he has had 20 touchdowns...

Edited by knight526806

IMO, while Adams is the second most targeted receiver, I don't believe that Adams will be the second best fantasy receiver. I was high on Adams, but signing J Jones changes everything. Jones is TD dependent, sure but all that guy does is score touchdowns. Most of the time we view a guy like that as boom/bust however, I expect a whole lot more boom than bust. You don't need many endzone looks to score consistently when your QB is Aaron Rodgers.

Moreover, Rodgers personally requested that they sign Jones. He trusts him, and brought him in specifically to have a trusted target in the endzone. There is a HUGE contrast in chemistry to be noticed when Rodgers is throwing the ball in the endzone with Jones when he is completely covered, but he can't hook up with Adams much despite the targets (and Adams got on the field for a fair part of last season).

Lastly, J Jones is getting the second most targets which are farther than 11 yards over the last two games, so while Adams may be getting more targets, J Jones is getting the more valuable targets. That's my take anyways.

In the last 24 games J Jones has played with Rodgers, he has had 20 touchdowns...

All valid points, but if both play the entire season and Adams continues to see 50% more targets than Jones there is no way Jones will score more fantasy pts. But I guess we will see

Similar situation...

I am down 29 in a PPR and I have Kelce going. I am banking on 10-15 from Kelce, which means I need 15-20 from my flex and I can start either Lacy or J Jones.

I am leaning towards Jones simply because of the KC secondary, however I like the high-risk, high-reward of Lacy. My only fear with Lacy is what happened to Ivory owners yesterday.

So, play it safe and go Jones and just hope, or go high-rish, high-reward and start Lacy?

All valid points, but if both play the entire season and Adams continues to see 50% more targets than Jones there is no way Jones will score more fantasy pts. But I guess we will see

I like this board bet. +1 for me tonight. But obviously not fair cuz of the injury. I'll admit the first two plays were targeted to Adams. But also notice that Rodgers went to J Jones on back to back plays in the endzone on the last drive of the half.

Edited by knight526806