[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep Gurley ros?

loeza83

Yup. Gurley owner here as well and I stopped listening to the people saying to sell high as soon as I saw his performance last week. Regardless of matchup I don't think he's going to do any worse than a high end RB2 due to volume and involvement in the passing game. Plus with Watkins and Woods blowing up I think other teams will have to be more careful about stacking the box against Gurley. Unless you're trading for someone like AB/Bell/Zeke I'd stay put.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Khurtz said:

Yup. Gurley owner here as well and I stopped listening to the people saying to sell high as soon as I saw his performance last week. Regardless of matchup I don't think he's going to do any worse than a high end RB2 due to volume and involvement in the passing game. Plus with Watkins and Woods blowing up I think other teams will have to be more careful about stacking the box against Gurley. Unless you're trading for someone like AB/Bell/Zeke I'd stay put.

Absolutely, I would only entertain trades for top tier players at this point. I have Hunt as my other RB, so i think i can get by with those two as weekly starters.

Gurley will be just fine.  Low end RB1 or high end RB2 at worst.  Now that being said, he has had about the easiest schedule for RBs that you could possibly ask for in his first 3 games and it's only gonna get tougher from here.  Looking forward to the playoffs, the first 2 weeks he starts out with Philly and Seattle.  His value is absolutely as high as it can be right now, so I wouldn't blame you if you tried to sell high and see if you can get someone to overpay.  You'd have to be sure to get a big return though.

1 minute ago, MIKEYST13 said:

Gurley will be just fine.  Low end RB1 or high end RB2 at worst.  Now that being said, he has had about the easiest schedule for RBs that you could possibly ask for in his first 3 games and it's only gonna get tougher from here.  Looking forward to the playoffs, the first 2 weeks he starts out with Philly and Seattle.  His value is absolutely as high as it can be right now, so I wouldn't blame you if you tried to sell high and see if you can get someone to overpay.  You'd have to be sure to get a big return though.

I do want to point out that Seattle gave up 15 pts (in standard scoring) to both Ty Montgomery and Carlos Hyde so I'm not really too concerned about that matchup even though I see a lot of articles talking about how bad it is. It's also a home game @ LA so that helps too. Just adding my two cents.

Seattle gave up 15 to Montgomery because of a short TD after a Wilson fumble, other than that they held him to like 2.7 ypc.   Hyde broke a couple nice runs, that's true, but I'm still shying away from Seattle if I have other options, but I'm also not dumping a guy just because of a match-up.  Just throwing it out there so he has all sides of the argument to look at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MIKEYST13 said:

Seattle gave up 15 to Montgomery because of a short TD after a Wilson fumble, other than that they held him to like 2.7 ypc.   Hyde broke a couple nice runs, that's true, but I'm still shying away from Seattle if I have other options, but I'm also not dumping a guy just because of a match-up.  Just throwing it out there so he has all sides of the argument to look at.

Nope that's fair, I just feel like they're being a little overblown at the moment. If they can contain Derrick Henry this weekend to under 10 pts I'll be more inclined to fear that matchup a little more. I'm not saying RB1 for that matchup but I'd expect 10-15 pts from Gurley there.